Woven Shibori: Making Crimp Cloth DVD
Imagine handwoven garments and accessories that flatter every body shape and size and change color as you move. Imagine cloth where the woven pattern is just a starting point for a subtle interplay of texture, light, and shadow. Imagine great looking handwoven garments and scarves that can travel with you anywhere and never wrinkle! The secret is woven shibori, cloth that collapses or crimps after weaving. In this video, Dianne Totten teaches how to create her version of woven shibori, called “crimp cloth,” which uses heat-reactive fibers to create flexibility and visual excitement.
- How to weave crimp cloth in weft or warp
- How to design drafts for crimp cloth
- How to process and care for the woven cloth
- How color and crimp interact to create fascinating patterns and effects
- Ideas for using your stash in crimp cloth projects
Along with Dianne’s video workshop, this video gives you a printable booklet with tips and trick, fiber facts, drafts, record sheets for your own designs, and more.
Order your copy of Woven Shibori: Making Crimp Cloth today!
|Runtime||3 hours, 27 minutes|
- Loved watching this!
- I really enjoyed this DVD. I have not checked about the missing booklet, but I feel I still learned a lot about woven shibori. I am still a bit of a beginner but someday I hope to give this a try. It is very cool! (Posted on 12/2/2015)
- There are several things about this set of two DVDs that I want to address. The first and most annoying (and disappointing) is the fact that although the cover states that there is a file for a booklet of tips, etc., this is not the case! There are NO .pdf files on either disc. Calls and messages to Dianne Totten have revealed that Interweave neglected to include this file. The other matter is that there are no instructions for constructing a garment with the finished crimp cloth and in addition, I feel with the information given, a single disc would have been sufficient. I am very reluctant to recommend any purchases of this product. (Posted on 4/12/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.