Using Pick Up Sticks on the Rigid Heddle Loom
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Using Pick up Sticks on the Rigid Heddle Loom
Do you long for more interest in the cloth you create? Are you tired of the same back and forth in your rigid heddle weaving? In this seminar you will learn to go beyond the basics and weave more than plain weave on your rigid heddle loom. You will see how to create decorative designs and textures in the structure of your woven fabric by using pick up sticks to make additional sheds in your warp. Let Deborah show you techniques for lace patterns, inlay, honeycomb, waffle weave and more. She will demonstrate how to make warp or weft threads float on the surface of your fabric. Then learn how to combine warp and weft floats for more complex structures. During this seminar, see how you can create samples that will be the basis for future projects. Deborah has been a weaver for over 20 years and loves sharing her knowledge to help others get started. Assisting knitters, crocheters, and other weavers in developing their weaving skills has been her passion for many years. Join Deborah in this seminar and take your rigid heddle weaving to the next level.
What You’ll Learn:
- Create textures in your woven cloth
- Discover the difference between warp and weft pick up
- Find out what features to look for in a pick up stick
- Explore how to combine different kinds of pick up techniques for unique patterns
- Learn how various yarns make the same pattern look different
- See how to finish your pick up patterns to make them pop
Who Should Attend:
- Weavers who want to learn how to use pick up sticks
- Weavers who want to create texture and patterns in the structure of their cloth
- Weavers who want to weave cloth that looks very complicate
- Weavers who want to explore more potential in their rigid heddle loom
- Weavers that want to create lace-like cloth
About the Instructor:
Deborah Jarchow is a nationally shown fiber artist and weaving teacher. Her work with color, fiber and texture led her to diverse projects from large scale wall hangings, to wearables, to liturgical commissions. Deborah travels the country as a popular weaving teacher at conferences such as Vogue Knitting Live, Convergence, and Stitches. She has maintained a studio at Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Camarillo, CA, for over 10 years.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Rigid Heddle Weaving|
- This "seminar" was ordered with hope for more information on using Pick Up sticks with my Cricket Rigid Heddle Loom. The long (approx. 1 hour) video was strictly verbal discussion (voice only) during screen shots of process. It also promised a print out available for download at the end. A link was not found, and email to customer service received no response. (Posted on 7/24/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.