Easy Weaving with Supplemental Warps: Overshot, Velvet, Shibori, and More eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Imagine being able to weave overshot along the length of your cloth with just one shuttle, or being able to weave terry cloth towels for your bath. All this and more is possible by using a supplementary warp.
Many of the designer fabrics found in stores are woven with supplemental warps, which many weavers believe they can't weave at home - until now! It used to be thought that you needed a supplementary warp beam to get all this new design potential, but with Deb Essen's technique you can weave with a supplementary warp right at home without having to buy a new loom!
In this 110-page eBook, Deb walks you through warping the loom with a supplementary warp with clear instructions and full-color photographs of each step. You'll also learn how to turn a 2-shuttle draft to make it a 1-shuttle supplementary warp draft as well as her tips and techniques for warping a supplementary draft successfully. Once you've got the warping down, weave one of eight projects included in the eBook. Each project explores a different supplemental warp structure from turned overshot and monk's belt to Bedford cord and even velvet.
|Technique||Warping, Woven Shibori|
- very clear and easy to follow
- The writing is very clear and easy to follow. The photos and diagrams are also clear and useful. I liked reading this book and will certainly try some of the projects and techniques. The one down-side is that I had to print the book myself, as I want to be able to have the text near me while working through things (and to make notes on!) I do wish Interweave would offer more of their e-books in print-on-demand versions. (Posted on 10/14/2016)
- I have not accessed the e-book because I want a book I can touch.
I bought this because I was excited about supplemental warps. Turns out I bought an e-book, which I do not want. I want to be able to turn the pages and access the book where ever I want. Does this come in a book form? I have not downloaded the e-book but have heard positive things about both the info and the pictures.
This customer has been contacted directly (Posted on 7/26/2016)
- Finally terry cloth!
- I mainly bought this book because I wanted to weave terry cloth. The instructions are very clear with lots of pictures. I also like that she talks about what mistakes we can make and how to fix them. Now that I have the book the other projects look tempting, too especially the shibori. (Posted on 5/16/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.