Best of Handwoven: Top Ten Blankets and Throws on Four Shafts eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Making Woven Blankets and Woven
Throws is Easier Than You Think
They may be large, take more yarn and need wider looms than most fabrics, but woven blankets can be just as quick and easy to weave as a scarf or table runner. The weaving projects featured in this eBook are beautiful without being complicated. You do not need more skill to weave a blanket than weaving a scarf. Beginner weavers will enjoy the challenge of weaving larger fabrics while seasoned weavers will love the variety of weaving patterns offered.
Enjoy these great advantages to weaving these blankets:
- Playing with weave structures—learn how to weave a blanket in plain weave, waffle weave, Atwater-Bronson lace, huck lace, twill, and more
- Using only four shafts—you won’t need more than four shafts for any of these projects so you can weave them on almost every floor loom
- Using thick yarns—blankets are usually woven in thick yarns, which means less ends per inch to thread and less picks per inch to make.
- Discovering color—the large fabric will give you the opportunity to really explore and play with color
- Showcasing your work—blankets are a great way to show off what you’ve learned plus also add color to any room they live in
- Keeping warm—you will get great joy from wrapping yourself up in a handwoven blanket
The timeless patterns in this eBook come from back issues of Handwoven magazine from the 1980s and 1990s. While the blankets never lose their beauty the wool yarns they were originally made from are no longer available or now come in different colors. The editors have worked hard to find the perfect yarn substitutions to ensure you can make just as beautiful blankets as the originals.
The weaving projects in this eBook include:
- Carpet-Warp Blanket by Carla Moore Buchheit
- Shimmering Pastel Blanket by Leslie Voiers
- Pastel Throw and Pillow by Halcyon Blake
- Waffle-Weave Throw by Hector Jaeger
- Caribbean Blues Blanket by Leslie Voiers
- Rainbow Blanket by Faye Kolhonen
- Warm and Cozy Plain Blanket by Linda Ligon
- Topaz Lights Lap Robe by Barbara Elkins
- Shades of Fall Lap Robe by Leslie Voiers
- From Twill to Shadow Weave by Sharon Alderman
Use this eBook for your own adventure and discover the joys of choosing and blending colors and fulling and finishing the woven results into something soft and beautiful to wrap around you.
|File/Trim Size||7.11 MB|
|Technique||4-Shaft Loom, Floor Loom, Shadow Weave|
- A good variety of blankets and throws including a couple of pillows (Posted on 8/5/2016)
- Use acrylic yarns
- You can easily substitute acrylic for wool if you want something lofty like wool. (Posted on 10/8/2014)
- I'm allergic to wool
- I didn't realize that all but one of the blankets were made in wool, to which I am allergic. (Posted on 9/20/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.