Weaving Rag Rugs Collection
Weaving Rag Rugs Collection
This collection brings you expert advice of master weaver and teacher, Tom Knisely on weaving rag rugs! Learn how to make rag rugs including planning and designing them as well as discover new tips and weaving techniques. You will also enjoy multiple projects that will help you advance your weaving skills.
Included in the Weaving Rag Rugs Collection:
Weaving Rag Rugs By Tom Knisely Book
Every weaver weaves a rag rug--or two, or three. In this book, well-known weaver and teacher Tom Knisely shares his knowledge and expertise in this collection of favorite rag rug patterns.
You'll love this book if you're searching for:
- Color planning and design advice for handmade rag rugs
- Step-by-step instructions on warping and weaving for your rag rug
- 30+ rag rug weaving projects, from simple to advanced
Weave a Good Rug with Tom Knisely: From Fiber to Finish DVD
From fibers to finishing, Tom explains everything you need to know to successfully and comfortably weave attractive, sturdy rugs you'll delight in having underfoot.
Here's just a sampling of all the weaving tips and techniques that you will learn from this three and a half hour video workshop:
- Choosing and preparing materials, from cottons and wools to fabrics for rags, for rug weaving
- Warping techniques specifically for weaving rag rugs
- Dozens of tips for weaving warp rep and weft rep, rag, and boundweave rugs
- Braids, fringes, binding, and other finishing techniques
Handwoven's Master Weavers Collection: Favorite Projects and Lessons from Tom Knisely
Have you always wanted to do more with your weaving, but haven't been able to find that perfect teacher? Look no further! Tom Knisely is a wonderful teacher who offers clear and concise weaving tips and techniques.
Tom is known for his instruction at The Mannings Handweaving School as well as his popular workshops The Loom Owner's Companion and Weave a Good Rug. That knowledge is extended into this eBook. One of his specialties (as well as favorite projects) is weaving rugs and he shares his love in the articles and projects featured in these pages.
Best of Handwoven: Weaving with Rags eBook
Using cloth strips instead of yarn opens a universe of color and texture options to weavers.
For rugs, table mats and runners, clothing, bags, and more, rag wefts (and even rag warps!) produce durable, colorful, and uniquely textured fabrics.
This collection includes ten Best of Handwoven projects—all on two or four shafts.
Order the Weaving Rag Rugs Collection today!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.