Weaving on a Rigid Heddle Loom Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Explore the endless possibilities of the rigid-heddle loom as Jane Patrick shows you how to take your loom to its limits!
The rigid-heddle loom--a simple device with a hard-sounding name--is remarkably versatile and easy to use. It's great for beginners, but equally great for seasoned weavers who can explore its endless potential while never getting bored. If you're accustomed to thinking of the rigid-heddle loom as a "placemat" loom, be prepared. In this 2-disc set, you'll see how to use it for all kinds of fabrics--from sturdy little rugs to sheer shawls, from simple plain weaves to complex finger manipulations to doubleweave and beyond.
Learn how to:
- Warp your loom in a matter of minutes
- Master simple finger manipulations
- Use a pick-up stick to weave any pattern you choose
- Use two heddles for fine fabrics and even double cloth
- Add clever embellishments to your weaving as you go
- And so much more!
You'll find simple explanations of dozens of techniques as Jane guides you through a handsome Sampler. Trying the next new thing with this versatile loom is almost addictive. In a good way.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Rigid Heddle Weaving|
- Good basic information
Information well presented in easy to follow format, however I only gave this a 3 star rating as the presenter showed samples of weaving techniques which are not included in this series or mentioned techniques for which the instructions weren't given.
Samples shown should only be of things that are included not things that require further purchasing of other products.
By all means show them at the end and tell the purchaser which products to purchase to learn these techniques but don't show them and then not teach them. (Posted on 5/16/2015)
- great teaching aid
- I found this to be a great help. I am no where near anyone to teach me how to use the rigid heddle so after plain weaving this was great. I have the book also but the two together just make so much sense. (Posted on 2/7/2015)
- Excellent supplement to the book Weaving on a Rigid Heddle Loom
- I purchased the book and video, and I am very glad I have both. If a technique's explanation leaves me with furrowed brow, I go to that corresponding section on the DVD. There, Jane Patrick's demonstration clears up mysteries turning that lightbulb on for me. Both tools are proving invaluable to me as I work through the samples. My imagination has just started to expand with new ideas and possibilities for future projects. (Posted on 5/15/2014)
- I had the book...then discovered Jane's video. Just what I needed to perfect those more complex techniques and yes, I wove the sampler..something everyone should do from start to finish. Now I feel enabled to tackle more complex designs. Thank you Interweave and Jane. (Posted on 4/21/2014)
- Très bon livre
- Explications très utiles pour apprendre d'autres motifs de tissage. A utiliser en complément du livre. Seul petit bémol, la caméra est trop loin du tissage, donc on ne peut pas toujours bien voir les manipulations. (Posted on 4/10/2014)
- Excellent, excellent, excellent
- Jane Patrick definitely knows her weaving and makes it easy to understand. I heartily recommend this DVD. I also have The Weavers Idea Book by Jane as well and ,once again, it is a very valuable tool to have. (Posted on 3/14/2014)
- Great on fundamentals and advanced techniques
- I'm a novice weaver (I'm still working on my first plain weave scarf--don't think I'll be able to use it or give it away as it's too uneven). Bought the Schacht Rigid Heddle Loom a month ago, read the instructions, looked at several YouTube videos, the found this great video tutorial. I looked at Part 1 several times to get started (scared to cut the warp for about a week!), then finally took the plunge and am working on my technique for consistency across the weft as I beat, and managing the integrity of the selvedge. Jane's instructions and the camera angles have been great to help me get going. I've looked at the advanced techniques but am not there yet in my own weaving. I think this tutorial will guide me for quite a while as I work on my weaving skills. I've been a knitter for quite a while and am just getting into this new (to me) craft and love the variety of fabric that you can create by weaving and employing finger techniques, pick-up sticks, etc. (I barely know the lingo!) Anyway, this is a great DVD set and can take you from novice to experienced weaver even with the little rigid heddle loom which is reasonably portable. (Posted on 2/20/2014)
- I give it 4 stars
- I just received my book on rigid heddle looming. I have watched it several times now and just love how informative this dvd is. I've only made two things so far, but I can tell you I'm hooked on weaving. A good cold winter project, and it has been COLD! (Posted on 2/18/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.