Weaving on a Rigid Heddle Loom DVD
Explore the endless possibilities of the rigid-heddle loom as Jane Patrick shows you how to take your loom to its limits!
The rigid-heddle loom--a simple device with a hard-sounding name--is remarkably versatile and easy to use. It's great for beginners, but equally great for seasoned weavers who can explore its endless potential while never getting bored. If you're accustomed to thinking of the rigid-heddle loom as a "placemat" loom, be prepared. In this 2-disc set, you'll see how to use it for all kinds of fabrics--from sturdy little rugs to sheer shawls, from simple plain weaves to complex finger manipulations to doubleweave and beyond.
Learn how to:
You'll find simple explanations of dozens of techniques as Jane guides you through a handsome Sampler. Trying the next new thing with this versatile loom is almost addictive. In a good way.
Plus, you get printable PDFs of downloadable sampler instructions and "cheat sheets" included with the DVD!
|Technique||Rigid Heddle Weaving|
- Great video for new weavers
- I love both of the videos. Learned a lot. I am new to weaving and this show and teach a lot of the possibilities with a rigid heddle loom. I will watch this several times! (Posted on 12/28/2015)
- clear Instructions?
- This is a good video and there is lots of things to learn, but they do not get close enough for you to see what she is doing properly. (Posted on 1/3/2015)
- This is a good companion to The Weaver's Idea Book, but I couldn't tell what she was doing with her fingers in the finger manipulated weaves; depth of focus/photography was not good for this. Also, I got this DVD during a sale. It's not worth it at full price. (Posted on 8/11/2014)
- love this DVD
- I am a beginner weaver and watched this dvd over and over. I have learnt so much about the ridged heddle loom and am amazed at all the wonderful techniques that can be achieved. Jane is very clear and she made me feel accomplished. (Posted on 6/18/2014)
- For the intermediate weaver
I am a beginning weaver. This video was good and informative - but assumes a certain level of knowledge. I will come back to this later when I am a little more experienced. I got the book to go with it and that does help a little - to follow along.
If you are a beginner- like me - I suggest Liz Gipson’s Slots and Holes and Life After Warping: Weaving Well on a Rigid-Heddle Loom. (Posted on 1/15/2014)
- Helpful workshop
- I was brand new to weaving when I got this workshop. Inspired by Rita Buchanan's 'In Praise of Simple Cloth' I decided to try out a rigid heddle to see if I liked weaving. Using this workshop with the excellent book by Jane there is more versatility and amazing options than I could wish for. It enabled me to get started and to feel confident and to produce cloth from my home spun wool (I learned to spin using Rita Buchanan's 'How I Spin'). I am absolutely delighted with the results. Many thanks to Jane and Interweave for producing such informative and wonderful workshops. (Posted on 9/10/2013)
- broad range of patterns covered
- I'm extremely new to weaving and Jane certainly gave me a lot of options to do with my new 'toy', although i think i will have to watch it a hundred times!! to get the hang of some of the patterns. i was looking forward to the PDF downloads but i don't seem to have them - i was wondering how i can access them? (Posted on 8/29/2013)
There are supposed to be PDF downloads and other "extras" included in this DVD set. I have asked several people who also own this item and they are also missing PDF files from their copies as well.
I don't think the tutorial is that great either. It would be nice if she had taken the time to go into further detail with some of the techniques. The Danish Medallion tutorial was sadly lacking further instruction because there are so any different styles....only one was represented. (Posted on 5/27/2013)
- I am pretty new to weaving. I purchased a rigid heddle loom and needed instructions. I purchased this dvd and in no time i was warping my loom and weaving. In less that two weeks i whipped up three scarves. I have not yet tried the decorative work but can't wait to play. Thank you for this wonderful dvd. It gave me the instructions and confidence to work with my loom. Well worth the money for any new weaver (Posted on 8/11/2011)
- Weaving on a Rigid Heddle Loom
- I'm new to weaving. I too liked the details in warping the loom, and appreciate the close ups. I think I enjoy this format even more than a class as I can re watch. There were a few spots where I would have liked to see a couple of things close up as Jane Patrick was talking about specific points. Overall this is a wonderful DVD. I have Jane Patricks book and think it's fantastic. (Posted on 3/30/2011)
- Clear and Concise
- I found these lessons to be clear and concise. As someone new to weaving, I particularly enjoyed the section on warping the loom. (Posted on 2/6/2011)
- I couldn't wait to get this set of dvd's. I have the book and love it and thought with the dvd set I could actually see how she is doing the weaving, as I am a visual learner. The camera does not focus closely enough to see what she is doing and it was no help. I am really disappointed. (Posted on 1/26/2011)
- Jane Patrick has hit a home run with this dvd set!
- I received this DVD set in the mail this week, and I couldn't wait to view it. She has a laid back, easy instructional tone and simplifies each new concept. She is easy to listen to, and watching her as she demonstrates the various patterns that can be done on a rigid heddle loom encourages me to "try without fear!" Teaching adult learners is not always easy, but her manner and method is so inviting that it feels as though she is right there, teaching and encouraging. An excellent instructional DVD set. Congratulations! (Posted on 1/26/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.