Weaving Deflected Doubleweave Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Deflected doubleweave may be the most versatile weave structure we have today, able to create striking and surprising geometric patterns, three-dimensional fabrics, and even multiple, completely independent but interlaced fabrics. It's easy to design and weave, yet the possibilities are truly endless and it's fun! In this video, Madelyn van der Hoogt teaches everything you need to know to create your own designer fabrics with deflected doubleweave.
In this weaving video you'll learn:
- How deflected doubleweave works (and how it differs from regular doubleweave)
- How to design your own deflected doubleweave drafts and projects
- How to weave deflected doubleweave cloth for even patterns and good selvedges
- How to design and weave for differential shrinkage
- How to wet-finish deflected doubleweave cloth
- Ideas for playing with color and materials
Along with Madelyn's video workshop, you get a printable booklet on deflected doubleweave weaving, complete with planning exercises, reference materials, and projects you can learn from and use, plus two sets of digital drafts (WIF files) that you can use with weaving software as a starting point for your own designs.
Watch a preview Now:
About the Host:
Madelyn van der Hoogt loves everything about weaving, and she has shared her joy with thousands of weavers over three decades of weaving, writing, and teaching. She is apt to describe whatever structure she is weaving at the moment as her favorite structure, but she insists that deflected doubleweave really is her favorite. Madelyn is the owner of The Weavers School, author of The Complete Book of Drafting, and editor emerita of Handwoven magazine.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Madelyn van der Hoogt|
- WIF files did nto load
But the .WIF files never loaded. I noticed that they were made on pixel loom on a Mac computer. I don't know if compatibility was an issue as I have Windows 10 and I use Weave it as my program, but it never loaded. It went to wordpad which tells me nothing.
So that was the most disappointing about it as I can't play around with the designs.
Maybe this is something that needs to be addressed. (Posted on 8/8/2018)
- Excellent as usual
- Very good
- I found the video very helpful in understanding deflected doubleweave. There were a few parts I had to rewind and watch again to fully get. For me, I will probably grasp things a little better while actually having a project on the loom to weave. There are a couple of minor errors in the handout and a wif file, which I've emailed Interweave about. I believe the doubleweave hem will cause some people problems due to a possible error and (in my opinion) conflicting written instructions versus the treadling draft. The video itself is good, compared to some of the complaints with other videos that seem hurried. The only irritant I found with it was when they were filming her computer screen, the drafts appeared kind of tilted. These issues are minor and I'm still glad I got it. It's gotten me excited about creating my own draft and weaving something. I would recommend it to those wanting to learn more. (Posted on 12/5/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.