Warping Your Loom DVD
Get trouble-free techniques for winding, sleying, threading, beaming, and more.
Tension is good for warps, but terrible for weavers. From front to back, back to front, bobbin to beam, and paddle to raddle, Madelyn's no-worry warping techniques help ensure that your every warp will deliver a satisfying weaving experience. Learn to warp without worries!
|Author/Designer||Madelyn van der Hoogt|
- Well done
- This is going to be my "go-to" reference for a long time. As a new weaver, Madelyn explains everything in a wonderfully, calming and enjoyable manner. I felt that I could master all of what she taught, because she is THAT good ! She talks about all the techniques one can use in weaving and what she's found to work the best.....I am positive that following her methods to warp my loom will be effortless....also, the photography/videography is well done and the audio is perfect.....I wish Madelyn was my neighbor so I could call on her all the time to learn things.....she's a fantastic educator who puts the student at ease instantly.....and....she makes you feel confident that you can do anything you try to do on your loom. I loved this tutorial, and I also got her "Weaving Well" tutorial, which was equally fantastic. I do not think you will be disappointed in this DVD (nor the Weaving Well DVD).....especially if you're a new weaver. (Posted on 7/7/2016)
- Just what I needed to help me warp my loom
- As a beginning weaver, without a teacher, I was apprehensive about warping my new four shaft loom by myself. This DVD is clear, interesting, and informative. It gave me the confidence and tips I needed to get started. (Posted on 12/22/2015)
- excellent if you warp front to back
I followed the dvd for warping front to back and found it was great. But my loom is larger and nothing comes off like Madelyn's. My arms don't reach from the back to thread the heddles. I expected there to be a more in depth instruction for back to front, which is what I need to use.
(Posted on 4/3/2015)
- A waste
I saw nothing in the description that excluded sectional warping. I was looking for help with my sectional warp beam and I purchased the video thinking it would help. Bummer!
What is there is very well presented it just did not give me what I needed. (Posted on 1/21/2015)
- Great resource
- Great to see and remind myself of the steps in warping my loom. Easy to understand and follow. Thank you so much. (Posted on 10/2/2014)
- Brilliant I learnt so much I feel a lot more confident now having watched this DVD
- I could not wait to watch this DVD and I was not disappointed I bought the weaving well at the same time just like having Madelyn in the same room teaching me I wish. (Posted on 6/21/2014)
- Gift from heaven :-)
- Madelyn is an excellent teacher. I love this video! Warping really can be meditative and pleasant part of weaving with Madelyn´s help. I cannot thank you enough for this video :-) Greetings from Czech republic! (Posted on 8/29/2013)
- Warping Your Loom )10WV08)
- Absolutely indispensable tool in my workshop. Have watched many times, and will continue to do so, learning something new each time. A "must buy" for the new and intermediate weaver. (Posted on 11/18/2011)
- This DVD Transformed my Weaving
- I wrote a great review of this DVD previously that was my impression from what I learned watching it. But now I've just finished my fist weaving project using all of Madelyn's techniques from the DVD. All I can say is WOW! Perfect tension, straight rows, it was an amazing experience. I do enjoy warping but I didn't know how to do it well. Now I love to warp and I feel like I'm a real weaver--I know what I'm doing. The finished project looked perfect and professional. I can't recommend this DVD enough for beginners or anyone struggling with warping. (I learned back to front but now I'm a front to back convert). Thanks Madelyn. (Posted on 11/14/2011)
- Warping Your Loom DVD
- I bought this DVD aboout 4 months ago and have viewed it at least 3 times. I learn something new every time. I have been weaving for over 30 years and the information in this DVD showed me that there is still a lot to learn. That's what I love about weaving, the education never ends! (Posted on 9/22/2011)
- A very helpful DVD
- I purchased the DVD and it's well worth the money invested. I had no idea how to warp from the front and I had heard about some equipment but I had no idea how to use it. Madelyn does a fabulous job calmly explaining the details of how to warp. She mentions what you need to hear as she demonstrates. She doesn't waste words--she explains things perfectly. Watching the video is both educational and interesting. Now I know about the choke tie, how to sley the reed on a table, how to move the cross, how to warp with multiple threads, etc. I know why I shouldn't finger comb my warp and how to properly pull it tight to create an even tension. There was a lot that I didn't know and seeing it done is so much easier than reading about it. Finally even though this wasn't a 'weaving' video I got to see an 8 shaft loom in progress and wow, what a lovely design. (Now I'm wanting an 8 shaft loom). If you're new to weaving it'd help if you brush up on the terms so you can follow the video easily (reed, dent, shaft, sley, etc). I've watched it twice and will use it as a reference resource as I plan my next warp. There are a few spots where the hands cover the action but if you keep watching the camera does come back and show how it's done. I was very pleased with this DVD and highly recommend it. (Posted on 2/11/2011)
- Newbie on Board
- I'm a Newbie, with a beautiful loved 1984 Baby Wolf. I have watch (you tube) and read trying to figure out how to use the warp board but mainly having trouble with the cross and threading. After watching the first time I warp with Crochet Shein and weft with sock yarn to make book marks (:)) I had tried to warp BTF prior to this DVD. This time it was FTB, it works great for me. I though Madelyn has a wonderful speaking voice, (Not boring). Like anything new it take time, repeat watching is very helpful. Print: It would be nice to a have a version for a 4-shaft for the scarf. I can only say good things about this DVD. (Posted on 2/2/2011)
- A very helpful DVD
- I loved this DVD! I appreciated her clear, detailed instructions and mentioning when something didn't matter. I am a new weaver, and this was just what I needed to give me more confidence. Warping has not been my favorite part of weaving, but this has given me a new point of view. I highly recommend it and intend to share it with my study group. (Posted on 2/2/2011)
- Title Misleading
- I got a loom for Christmas, being a brand new weaver and not knowing all the new terminology, I wish it would have been very clear in the written description of the DVD that sectional warping was not included as that is what I have. So it was pretty much a waste of money for me. Granted I should have watched the preview and not just ordered it. It did help with winding your warp and I picked up a few tips, but they sure were expensive tips. (Posted on 1/21/2011)
- Very good information and presentation
- I've watched instructional DVDs before and some of them are like watching paint dry. This one is not. She moves through the process quickly and efficiently while giving complete and easy descriptions of what she's doing. Good tips at a great pace. I'm not sure that teaching people (new weavers) to hold the cross in their hand is the best way. Higher thread count warps would be harder to hold without a mishap. She does a good job of covering "if it was a longer warp" though since she's only working with 4 yards. I would highly recommend this to new and experienced weavers. (Posted on 1/20/2011)
- a good reference tool
- I have watched the 2-DVD set titled "Warping Your Loom" by Madelyn van der Hoogt and here is my review. Positive: It was very liberating. She did all the work by herself. She simplified the process and explained why people warp the way they do. She loosened the grip on all the hard and fast rules that a new weaver may have had planted in his or her head. She offered lots of alternative ways to complete the process to suit an individual's circumstances or style. Her tone is very comforting. Negative: This DVD may not be suitable for someone who has never seen warping before. The camera-person was either not a weaver or was an expert weaver and therefore not tuned in to what a newbie needs to see. The camera angles were poorly executed at times. They usually made up for it with close ups or angle changes on subsequent shots but at the moment she says, "Like this...", I prefer to have the camera showing me precisely what she means. There is a free pattern and some other PDF helpful guide pages included in the DVD. Bottom line: It is a good tool to have as a reference and it served my purpose for making the purchase. Next time they need a better camera-person. P.S. She has a beautiful studio with really lovely equipment. (Posted on 1/19/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.