Vertically Stranded Colorwork Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Learn Lorilee Beltman’s ingenious technique for Vertically Stranded Colorwork! Lorilee has developed a brand new way to strand contrasting colors up your work, using Rovaniemi colorwork from Finland as her inspiration. This technique is easy to learn, easy to knit, and opens up endless possibilities for creativity in your own pattern designs and modifications. Create colorwork socks with no stretch or tension problems or add a pop of color and texture to a simple scarf. Get started by knitting the beautiful Hourglass Cowl pattern included in this video workshop.
Run Time: 01:08:00
With this video, you will:
- Learn the simple stitches comprising Vertically Stranded Colorwork
- Manage your main and contrasting strands using a yarn butterfly
- Work vertical colorwork both flat and in-the-round
- Experiment with colors, textures, and patterns to create unique designs
- Gain tools to prevent problems and troubleshoot your knitting
About the Expert:
Lorilee Beltman is a former yarn store owner, designer, and instructor. Her designs have been published in Interweave Knits, Sockupied, and many other books and magazines. An avid tent-camper, Lorilee grew up in Pittsburgh, spent thirty years in west Michigan, and now calls Seattle home.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Great intro to a new technique
- I had the opportunity to take a different class with Lorilee Beltman at a knitting retreat earlier this year, so I knew what a great instructor she was. This video is a great intro to stranded colorwork, and her analogy with the railroad cars was a great help when I tried it out for myself. Her plan for "yarn management" so that you're not untangling yarn more than you're knitting is also great I'm so glad I downloaded this course - give it a try and I think you'll enjoy it as well! (Posted on 8/30/2015)
- Take Wing!
- Lorilee Beltman's technique for vertical stranding is simple yet ground-breaking. Following her instruction, I am making caps with splashes of color spiraling to the crown, cowls with cables outlined in color, and more. With a teaching style somewhat reminiscent of Cat Bordhi, Lorilee uses stories and metaphors so unforgettable that I awoke one morning repeating to myself, "the train engine goes in front and the caboose follows." I've been knitting and teaching knitting for over five decades, yet I learned a great deal about this technique through this excellent video. (Posted on 8/23/2015)
- Thank you Gladys!
I had trouble downloading this product so I called Interweave to see if they could help me. Gladys helped me download it step by step. I think it will be a good reference book for me and thanks to Gladys I can use it.
Julie (Posted on 8/22/2015)
- Great method!
- I can't wait to try this new method of doing stranded Colorwork! I've been looking for a faster and easier way to do colorwork without the bulk of carrying the yarn behind. I've got to complete a big cable blanket and as soon as I'm done with that, I'm on to watching the rest of the video and trying out the patterns! (Posted on 7/12/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.