Unlocking Pattern Secrets
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Knitting patterns can be inspiring, brilliant and confusing. Patterns are not only written in a special short hand language, but they are written with an assumption of knowledge. This can be frustrating and intimidating to knitters. Does it sometimes seem that there are secrets hiding in the patterns?
Patty Lyons is a knitwear designer and knitting teacher who has helped thousands of knitters understand the “why” of their knitting. She’s helped demystify patterns and designs to make knitters feel empowered.
Learn how to unlock all the patterns secrets you’ve been baffled by. We’ll explore not only everything you want to understand before starting the pattern, but how to do all the things that pattern tells you to, but doesn’t tell you how. Never dread phrases like “at the same time”, “reverse shaping” or “shaping staying in pattern” again!!
With this webinar, you'll:
- Understand what pattern is right for you by exploring different sweater constructions
- Discover how to find the right size to knit
- Learn how to decode the mysteries of the Schematic
- Unlock the hidden measurements that the schematic doesn’t show you
- Understand stitch multiples and balancing stitches
- Master the simple math to increase evenly across the row
Plus! Demystify patterns most baffling instructions:
- At the Same Time
- Reverse Shaping
- Reverse Patterning
- Shaping Staying in pattern
Who should attend?
- Any knitter’s who has ever been frustrated with their knitting pattern
- Knitter’s who are new to sweater patterns
- Experienced knitters who want to take more control over their knitting
- Knitter’s who want to better understand their patterns
- Knitter’s who like to alter patterns
- Knitter’s who have been unsatisfied with their past finished garments
- Knitter’s who are looking to improve their pattern skills
PATTY LYONS is a nationally recognized knitting teacher who is known for teaching the “why” not just the “how” in her pursuit of training the “mindful knitter”. She specializes in sweater design and sharing her love of the much-maligned subjects of gauge and blocking.
Patty teaches nationally at shops, guilds & knitting shows around the country such as Vogue Knitting LIVE, STITCHES, and the Knit and Crochet Show and her popular classes can also be found online at Interweave’s Knitting Daily, Annie’s and Craftsy, where her “Improve Your Knitting Class” was named Craftsy’s most popular class of 2013! Patty will have three new Interweave knitting DVDs coming out in 2015.
Patty designs and knitting skill articles have been published in Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Knitter’s Magazine, Cast On, Knit Style, and Creative Knitting magazines, where she also writes a knitter’s advice column called “Patty’s Purls of Wisdom”. Patty’s designs have also been included in pattern collections from Classic Elite, Kollage, Takhi Stacy Charles, Cascade, Universal and Noro.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Great Learning Tool
- I did not expect the volume of information presented in this webinar. This is a fantastic learning tool for me and I know it will be watched numerous times as there is so much information to absorb. I was glad to find there is no limit to the amount of times I can watch it. I am new to knitting sweaters and this provided a great base for me to learn from. I thought the slides went well and did not have trouble following at all. (Posted on 6/3/2016)
- Excellent Information--Needs Polish
- There was excellent information in the webinar but I was put off by the fact that the audio did not sync with the slides--she would still be talking about one slide and either the next slide or a blank screen with a video button would be showing. She also needs to have someone else take the motion videos--it was OK but they were rocky. (Posted on 2/22/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.