Twigg Stitch eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Reversible knitting like you’ve never seen before! Learn to create totally reversible projects with Vicki Twigg’s technique!
Hang on to your knitting needles, what you know about reversible knitting is about to totally change! In the beginning, all knitwear designer Vicki Twigg wanted to do was knit a two-colored ribbing without floats. What she ended up creating was an entirely new type of knitting, worked in two colors, that produces a fully reversible fabric with mirrored or completely different sides. It’s truly amazing!
This is not brioche stitch: there are no slipped stitches, yarn-overs, or knitting into the stitch below. This is not double-knitting: the work is not slid to the other end of the needle to rework a row, and there are no “pockets” in the fabric. Vicki’s technique, Twigg Stitch, results in a knitted fabric with a different color on each side and allows you to create two completely different fabrics on either side of your project.
Unique and fascinating as the technique is, it’s not difficult to master; if you have basic knitting skills you’ll learn it quickly. Vicki visually walks you through the basics steps in Twigg Stitch: casting on, handling yarns, increasing and decreasing, changing colors, and knitting in the round. Plus, she provides a stitch dictionary of basic to more complex color patterns, textured patterns, and cables, and shows how to manipulate stitches to create a fabric that resembles lace.
To demonstrate this amazing technique, Vicki shares 10 great project that range from simple reversible hats, mitts and scarves to reversible lace shawls. These are projects that will have your knitting friends asking, “how did you knit that?!” It’s Twigg Stitch!
Order or download Twigg Stitch
|Number Of Pages||168|
- Great new technique
- This book offers a very clear explanation of this interesting technique. The variety of stitches is amazing. The projects very inviting to start immediately. (Posted on 11/4/2015)
- Fascinating new technique
- I have been knitting for over 40 years and I can't wait to try out this new technique. Clear instructions and great pictures for knitting continental and throwing. (Posted on 11/2/2015)
- One of the Best
- You can never have enough knitting stitches under your belt and I must say after 50 years of knitting it is truly wonderful to learn something new and exciting. I would definitely recommend this technique to anyone who wants beautiful garments that people will just give you compliment after compliment. You must get it!!!! (Posted on 11/1/2015)
- Great book - wonderful instruction!
- Everything about this book is perfect. The technique is explained clearly and the variety of incredible stitches included is just awesome. The outcome is a double sided beautiful fabric without the bulk of double knitting. A real must have! (Posted on 11/1/2015)
- Expert Advise for Advanced Knitters!
- Innovative ideas here are superb! Technique is masterful! I'll be so very glad to be able to do the Twigg stitch; it's explained as a refined double-knitting technique. The most fantastically beautiful items with the all inclusive instructions feature such items as Latvian Braids, Argyle, Herringbone, Fair Isle without stranding,Checkered Ladder, Wide Ribs, Triangles, Leaves, Diamonds,Staggered Ribs, & Cable Twists ALL done in magnificent colors. The reversible Snowflake Earflap Hat alone on pg 105 would warrant buying this book; but if you don't invest in this book, you're truly missing out! It's a "keeper!" (Posted on 8/23/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.