Tips and Tricks for Faster Continental Knitting Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Tips & Tricks for Faster Continental Knitting with Biggan Ryd-Dups
In this workshop, Biggan Ryd-Dups will show you how to improve your Continental knitting skills to knit faster, more efficiently, and with better economy of movement. Biggan will teach you how pick up stitches, create buttonholes, knit stripes, and change colors in neat and tidy ways. Plus, with the included Striped Cowl pattern, you can practice Biggan's lessons and create a beautiful accessory.
Preview Tips & Tricks for Faster Continental Knitting with Biggan Ryd-Dups here:
Get your copy of Tips & Tricks for Faster Continental Knitting with Biggan Ryd-Dups today!
About Biggan Ryd-Dubs:
Biggan Ryd-Dubs is a Swedish knitwear designer and knitting instructor living in Australia. Her company, Biggan Design, produces quality Australian merino wool yarn in many different colors. She has taught knitting throughout the world and loves to design colorful, easy-to-knit patterns with a nod to modern Scandinavian design.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||1.31 GB|
|File Type||PDF, MP4|
- I loved this!
- This is a very well produced video, very objective and straight to the point. I watched her continental video as well and is equally amazing. She shows how to knit and purl plus works on that beautiful cowl. This method offers great economy of movement, with fingers really close to the needle. There are many ways to hold the yarn in continental, and her way is probably how they hold in countries like Norway. Off course you need to keep tight tension, but that's true for other styles. What surprised me about her videos is the way she purls...I didn't find that way or purling anywhere, not even on youtube, so I had to rewatch a couple of times until I got it. This method of purl requires practice, but once I got it it was the quickest way to purl and speeds up my knitting. She knits really fast by the way. (Posted on 10/26/2016)
- DONT BUY
Interweave have twice now prevented my submitting my review.
This is a very expensive cowl pattern with the addition of watching some one knitting quickly.
Go to YouTube, it's free. Got to Cheryl Brunnette or Lucy Neatby for way far better tuition, both also on YouTube.
A ruined present for my mother.
Biggan advocates this method for people with arthritic hands........and then proceeds to tell them to" hold the yarn very tightly, very very tight, like this, see? Very tight! "
Do I need to say more? Other than shame on you Interweave. Pity on you Biggan. I thought you were both better than this. Would you be good enough to print my review now? (Posted on 8/15/2015)
- A very expensive cowl pattern
DONT BUY THIS VIDEO
I've attempted to review this once and it was wiped off, funny old thig that?
So I'll be brief. Review Biggan's other video on the subject of Continental knitting and all the disappointed people's views still apply to this. Don't make my mistake and believe the advertising hype.
Just how does someone with arthritic hands GRIP TIGHTLY?
And just who has ever heard of any knitting teacher telling you to "grip the yarn really,really tightly, like this see, really tight" ? I've never heard of such twot! She doesn't once demean herself to humbly show anything in slow motion, I mean what is this? A see how Biggan knits quickly show? You can see real quick knitting on YouTube by the fastest knitter in the world, Hazel Tindall, and her videos at show slow knitting! For continental knitting, YouTube again ( for free) and also Lucy Neatby and Cheryl Brunette to name a few.
This was a present for my mother, I'm only glad I watched it first. Shame on you Interweave, shame on the producers and shame on Biggan. I thought she was better than this language difficulties or not. (Posted on 8/15/2015)
- A very expensive cowl pattern!
Oh how I wish I hadn't fallen for the advertising hype and had at least read the other reviews of Biggan's how to video.
So, don't buy this.
She doesn't teach how to anything other than " hold the yarn really really tight, like this, see, really tight." And then goes on to demonstrate her total character assassination of any knitter who does not knit like her!
Well, Biggan, perhaps you don't understand the irony of your own words? How does a knitter with arthritic hands hold ANYTHING tightly! And how do you support tensioning your yarn like this! Thank goodness I've had tuition from some of the best teachers out there and not one would ever, in their wildest dreams, tell anyone to tension their yarn this way.
So, please learn from my mistake, DONT BUY THIS. It's a very expensive cowl pattern from someone who likes to show how fast they can knit. Turn to Lucy Neatby or Cheryl Brunette, look up continental knitting on YouTube, anything but trust this video.
I bought this for my mother, as a present. I'm only glad I watched it first.
Very poor show,Interweave, very poor show indeed, I think the producers of this video are as much if not more at fault than Biggan herself. (Posted on 8/15/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.