Time to Weave Simply Elegant Projects to Make in Almost No Time
One look at these gorgeous projects and your fingers will beg to learn a new craft! The beautiful, textural objects in Time to Weave - like plaited paper baskets, woven lanterns, hearth rugs, sachets, and cork table mats - offer an approachable and inspirational way to learn the fundamentals of non-loom weaving for the first time.
Drawing on ancient and traditional techniques, author Jane Patrick, past editor of Handwoven magazine, uses everyday materials like copper tape, plastic sheeting, shrink tubing, paper yarn, and granite tiles to create stunning contemporary objects for the home. Patrick focuses on embracing a sense of place and appreciation for the natural world in these 18 simple weaving projects, and encourages a choice of reconstructed, recycled, vintage, or natural materials.
Non-loom techniques in Time to Weave include braiding, stringing, knotting, frame loom weaving, straw weaving, weaving over a pillow form, and more. Projects range from a sticks-and-string coaster, canvas strip pillow, pocket purse, woven paper cards, "waves" window hanging, and more. Clear step-by-step instructions and photography are provided for each design, and each project features ideas and variations for further exploration.
Projects call for simple equipment and tools and materials that are easily available. Each project is introduced with a quote and short essay about the process of making the piece, the materials, or sometimes musings about the process of creation and how this fits in with daily living. Patrick encourages readers to weave with a purpose and enjoy the process of creation as much as the outcome. Also included are hints, resources, and suggestions for further reading.
If you've never tried weaving, now is the time - explore this limitless craft with Time to Weave! Learn the art of non-loom weaving with this new approach, focusing on the creative process as much as the finished product.
"Eighteen projects prompt the imagination to begin seeing everyday materials with a fresh eye." - Monsters and Critics .com
" A great primer for those looking to get into weaving without spending hundreds on a loom." - Craftsanity.com (Visit the website for the full podcast.)
"Weaving novices who just want to get their feet wet will find this book a good introduction to weaving." - Library Journal
"This book is full of great ideas." - Knitting News
|Number Of Pages||128|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.