Three Bags Full Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Judith MacKenzie offers in-depth instruction on selecting, preparing, and spinning a great fleece in this four-hour comprehensive video! This is an ultimate guide for any spinner wanting to gain more knowledge about wool spinning.
Have you wandered around the fleece tent at a fiber festival, eager to buy a fleece but intimidated by the possibilities? Do you know what to look for in a fleece? How do you choose the perfect one for the project that you have in mind? Will you have enough to make a sweater or a shawl?
In this video, wool judge and master spinner Judith MacKenzie shows you what to bring home (and what to pass by).
Travel with her to the Estes Park Wool Market in Colorado and look through dozens of fleeces as she finds the best choices for any project, whether you are looking at knitting a fine shawl or weaving a sturdy rug.
At the Estes Park Wool Market you will look at:
Primitive FleecesLuster Longwool FleecesFine to Medium Fleeces
Once you are the proud owner of a fleece, what do you do next? Judith demonstrates sorting a fleece to find the choicest parts, then storing it until you're ready to dive in. Learn several methods to wash fleece for its best use, comb or card it, then spin it into the perfect yarn for your project.
With this video you will:
- Spot the best fleeces in the wool show
- Meet sheep from cute and cuddly to big enough to pull a cart
- Learn to lay out a fleece and sort it, from the choicest sections to seconds to waste
- Discover many options for washing wool, from the washing machine (really!) to lock by lock
- Card and comb fiber to create cushy rolags and dreamy top
- Use fine, medium, longwool, and primitive fleeces in your spinning
You'll walk away from your next festival with the fleece of your dreams and the knowledge to create any yarn you please.
The 2-disc set also includes a pocket guide to choosing a fleece and advice on preventing pests.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Excellent for newbies or experienced spinners
- This is an amazingly helpful video for a great introduction to a good variety of fleeces and assistance in choosing on. It is well worth the investment, it is clear in its presentation and enjoyable to watch. It will be an ongoing reference as I try more fleeces over time! (Posted on 6/2/2015)
- Comprehensive, well structured and very informative.
I thought this video was excellent!
Judith takes the viewer through the entire process of selecting a good fleece, scouring, carding, combing and spinning it.
She also looks at the characteristics of certain fleeces and examines finished knitted pieces. She has a very pleasant and relaxed style of delivery and her abundant knowledge and enthusiasm for her subject matter shone through.
She was very personable and wasn't afraid to share with the viewer the fact that she (like most of us) have huge stashes of fleece/fiber hidden away!! (Posted on 12/7/2014)
- Well worth the money,it was equivalent to an all day seminar!
- I am so pleased with this video. I've worked with alpaca fleeces but I am just now beginning to work with sheep wool and this video came at just the right time. I really appreciate the section on how to buy a good fleece. Judith explains different wools and characteristics and why they will or will not work for certain spin weights and projects. She shows many shortcuts and helpful hints throughout the video. Thank you, Judith. (Posted on 2/19/2014)
- Very Educational
- Judith explains the processing of raw wool in an exciting way..very engaging video! (Posted on 9/27/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.