The Workbench Guide to Jewelry Techniques
Learn how to make jewelry the right way with this must-have book.
Reference hundreds of tips, tools and materials in one easy-to-use volume: The Workbench Guide to Jewelry Techniques
From setting up your workspace and selecting proper tools and materials to mastering techniques and exhibiting your work, The Workbench Guide to Jewelry Techniques is your must-have, go-to resource. With this trusty guide by your side, you'll have everything at your fingertips for mastering the art and craft of jewelry making! Designer and jeweler Anastasia Young has packed all the essential information you need into one amazing volume, including traditional metalsmithing skills and working with alternative materials. The Workbench Guide to Jewelry Techniques is the most accessible look-it-up resource for both students and professionals in 320 Pages.
You'll find a brief overview of every single tool that belongs on your workbench—from pliers, drills, bits, and files to abrasives, chemicals, machinery and formers. You'll get the most complete list of tools and technical data you need to properly make beautiful and unique pieces. Learn how to make jewelry in this eBook with these step-by-step techniques in photos.
Curious about how best to score and fuse metal? Need to brush up on cutting and piercing? Ready to set stones and string beads? No matter the technique you need help with, Anastasia Young has you covered with great easy-to-follow instructions and detailed, full color photos for you to reference. Once you better understand the properties of various materials, including metals, plastics, stones, vintage textiles, and found objects, your techniques will be more successful and your pieces will look more professional. You'll find that this extensive section in The Workbench Guide to Jewelry Techniques is one of your most appreciated partners in your work.
This is the ultimate directory of jewelry gemstones for all of your jewelry making needs. All precious gemstones have their own particular properties and choosing the right stone for a particular piece or setting can be an easy task with this helpful guide. A full reference section of stone shapes, conversions, tool shapes, sizes and measurements, as well as a glossary follows this directory and rounds out this immensely useful book. Jewelry makers and designers from around the world illustrate the various processes involved in creating exceptional jewelry.
|Number Of Pages||320|
- Fabulous Reference Book
- Love this book, great layout and an amazing amount of coverage of nearly every topic you can think of given the size of the book. Really great illustrations make it extra special! I spend a lot of money on books and this one is definitely a keeper! (Posted on 12/22/2013)
- not for beginners
- While this book does cover many techniques, it does not have much detail on each technique. I am a beginning metalworker so need much more detail that this provides. That being said, once I learn a lot more, I can see this being a great reference guide to keep very handy near my bench. But, it is allowing me to be inspired as to what certain techniques are called and what is on my "wish list" of things to learn after I get more of the basics down. The reason I gave it only 3 stars is because of the descriptions in the listing. They really made it sound like it was much more of a learning book. If it had different descriptions, I would not have bought it at this point, but if I were more advanced and bought it, I probably would have given it a higher review. (Posted on 12/16/2013)
- excellent reference..
- This is a wonderful book of techniques and processes available to the jeweller. However, it doesn't really teach you how to do these things, it just tells you about the various techniques and gives a very brief demo, so some working skill already would help and the patience to logically "have a go". Having said that, I still wouldn't be without this book now. It's an excellent reminder as to options available and has a terrific section at the back on outsourcing and modern technologies available to us. Really nicely put together with lovely gallery pictures.. (Posted on 4/21/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.