The Whimsical Face with Jane Davenport Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Draw gorgeous faces from your imagination for your art journals, paintings, art dolls, and mixed-media projects! Accomplished artist and popular workshop leader Jane “Danger” Davenport shares a plethora of secrets and supplies on how to draw a face that will bring life to your drawings and bolster your creative confidence.
Order this wonderfully whimsical workshop now to . . .
- Successfully portray a drawn face (no more wonky eyes!). Jane walks you through the anatomical proportions of the face, and gives advice on what to emphasize.
- Give your profile an extra pop of personality with tips for adding volume, shading, and emotive elements to the illustrated face.
- Create a range of face types with confidence thanks to step-by-step approaches to drawing straight forward, turned faces, and profiles.
- Alternate methods to creating a whimsical face that range from how to draw a face to how to make a stencil (whether of individual features or an entire face) and incorporate it into your artwork.
Indulge in a fun, mixed-media frenzy of color! Jane sums up her imaginative approach best in the opening of her workshop: “Whimsical faces are based on reality, but play with the proportions so they’re a little bit quirky so when you look at them, they’ve got a bit of magic about them.”
Discover your own bit of magic when you treat yourself to The Whimsical Face with Jane Davenport!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||910 MB|
- Jane's faces
- An excellent tutorial if you are looking for perfectionism in your mixed media faces....Jane is very structured....a little more advanced than I expected especially towards the end when she starts layering pencils.....but overall if a beginner uses this video just take your time and rewind...rewind...can have great results. (Posted on 7/2/2016)
- Jane is an artistic genius! The video is beautifully done. Jane is vivacious, knowledgeable, and an easy to follow instructor. The instruction is perfect for artists of all skill levels. Her knowledge of her supplies and subject is hard to find. Definitely recommend this. It has already provided me with hours of creative joy. (Posted on 9/25/2015)
- I had already been taking one of Jane's courses and I found that this just filled out certain things that weren't yet clear to me. I did a drawing as I was watching and it was the best 'whimsical'-style face I had ever drawn. Then I started drawing more of them and they are turning out great! If you ever wanted to draw one of these wonderful faces - this is the course to take! Fantastic!!! (Posted on 8/11/2015)
- This is EXACTLY what I wanted and needed. It is over 2 hours long and would assume it is similar to Jane's online courses which I cannot afford. It teaches her drawing a front facing face and a 3/4 face IN DETAIL. She shares her secrets for the products she uses. I wish I could take more of her courses like this!!! Highly suggest you purchase this!!! (Posted on 7/16/2015)
- I've never been able to do it before!
- I love Jane Davenport's video! I have never been able to draw a face, much less a whimsical one and now i can! Jane made it fun to learn to draw faces! thanks so much! great product! (Posted on 12/20/2014)
- Fabulous !!!!
- I Just finished my first whimsical face and I am so Excited !!! I Have some experience with watercolors but have never used acrylics or colored pencils. I decided to jump in and do a painting with my very cheap ( Walmart) colored pencils and not the greatest paint, etc and I'm thrilled with the result. Is it perfect- no - but did I get lost in the process with pure JOY - you bet!! (Posted on 11/2/2014)
- If you want your creative mind blown away, definitely go for the whimsical faces video by jane davenport. Over 2 hours of tips and tricks, creative genius and passion. And at the end of it, you have a go and realise you can draw a whimsical face 1000 times better than you thought you could. Totally won over!! (Posted on 10/6/2014)
- Very Helpful!!
- I loved how Jane laid this tutorial out, starting with the supplies list of her favorites. I had many of the supplies lists but had not cross used. I like to think of myself as mixed media, but many times get stuck with one type of coloring. I found the video not only great for drawing faces, but also for mixing up ways to color. (Posted on 9/9/2014)
- Changed my life
- I just Love Love Love Janes lessons, I bought the 1st one of these classes when I was going through a rough patch in my life. I thought I could not draw! And wow Jane taught me I could & guided me through. Plus she has introduced me to all these cool art tools & how to use them. I really love Janes positive quirky upbeat vibe, she took my mind off my problems & gave me a fantastic creative outlet. Thank you miss Jane! (Posted on 8/13/2014)
- Wonderful teacher
- Jane Davenport is an excellent teacher. She makes it so easy to learn how to draw that within hrs you just have to try. I would recommend this video to anyone who want to learn how to draw just about any kind of face. (Posted on 7/25/2014)
- Full of life!
- Jane is an excellent instructor who adds humor and style to her presentation. She's adorable and full of life. I learned so much from this class. Your fears of drawing faces will be over after you watch this video. (Posted on 5/11/2014)
- One of my favourites!
- Just when I was ready to start drawing faces this DVD caught my attention. It is wonderful and Jane is so entertaining and fun! (Posted on 4/14/2014)
- Will watch again and again!
- I purchased this video download because of all the positive reviews. I was originally going to order Jane's book on the same subject but after watching another video I realize that I learn better by watching and doing vs. just reading about a topic. I was NOT disappointed. Jane is a delight to watch! I learned so much about facial structure and what makes a face look whimsical, older, younger, etc. Jane not only tells and shows us what to do, she talks about the materials she uses and why something works and does not work. I've only gone through her video one time and will be trying her methods this week in my art journal. I'm sure I'll be reviewing it again and again in my art journey. (Posted on 4/11/2014)
- Fun and easy to follow
Jane is a personality. A delight. I draw a lot of faces and had never tried to do any in a whimsical way so was very interested to see her technique and explanation of what she is doing. She is very thorough in her instructions. I had not planned to use her techniques, only to see them from an outsider viewpoint - however not long afterward I painted a face and much to my surprise it took on some subtle whimsy - and I know that Jane is the one that introduced it into my repertoire. It looked pretty cool. Thanks Jane.
I liked Janes energy and enthusiasm. It felt very fresh and real. . (Posted on 2/27/2014)
- One of the best teaching videos I have ever seen!
- I have taken a few on line art classes, and I have to say that Jane has one of the best teaching videos out there, and its worth every penny you spend on it! I use to be afraid to draw a side profile, but her instructions makes drawing them easier than I could ever imagine. (Posted on 2/19/2014)
- This video download is great value for money and I really like Jane's teaching style. I've learned so much. (Posted on 2/10/2014)
- Life Changing
- I have been trying for MONTHS to get whimsical faces that I liked. I've read, watched videos, lamented... Until now. After watching this video through (and smiling the whole time - because who wouldn't smile listening to this lovely woman), my very first face is a LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Thank you!! (Posted on 2/6/2014)
- Now, I've watched a lot of digital workshops, but this is my all-time favourite. Warm, wonderful, quirky Jane is the most wonderful teacher. I love the way she explains things, I learnt soooo much from this video. I can now draw a pretty face! Very exciting! (Posted on 2/1/2014)
- Great Instruction, camara angles could be better
- I have been practicing portraits solidly for almost a year and they all look a bit off. Jane's instruction, especially around eye formation, has helped me so much and I have watched the video repeatedly. Danger's got an awesome personality and wouldn't it be great to hang out with her? LOVE HER. I have two complaints: one, I wish it was a lot longer--I could watch her and learn from her for hours and hours. Secondly, I think some of the camera angles could be improved. There are times when Jane is demonstrating a point but her hand blocks the image she is working on. A change in camera angle would allow a better view of the instruction. I highly recommend this video, especially if you already have some knowledge about drawing portraits but need a different perspective to help you stylize your drawings. (Posted on 1/20/2014)
- Loved this! I just happened upon her site as she was doing a sale. This was an amazing video at any price! I highly recommend it. I learned so much, and I actually drew a girl I loved and could be proud of. She goes over everything - eyes, nose, lips, shading. You will not be disappointed! Off to buy more of her videos.... (Posted on 1/7/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org
Digital Courses and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Courses”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses or My Videos you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course or Start Video button to the right to access your product.