The Whimsical Face with Jane Davenport Download in HD
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Draw gorgeous faces from your imagination for your art journals, paintings, art dolls, and mixed-media projects! Accomplished artist and popular workshop leader Jane “Danger” Davenport shares a plethora of secrets and supplies on how to draw a face that will bring life to your drawings and bolster your creative confidence.
Order this wonderfully whimsical workshop now to . . .
- Successfully portray a drawn face (no more wonky eyes!). Jane walks you through the anatomical proportions of the face, and gives advice on what to emphasize.
- Give your profile an extra pop of personality with tips for adding volume, shading, and emotive elements to the illustrated face.
- Create a range of face types with confidence thanks to step-by-step approaches to drawing straight forward, turned faces, and profiles.
- Alternate methods to creating a whimsical face that range from how to draw a face to how to make a stencil (whether of individual features or an entire face) and incorporate it into your artwork.
Indulge in a fun, mixed-media frenzy of color! Jane sums up her imaginative approach best in the opening of her workshop: “Whimsical faces are based on reality, but play with the proportions so they’re a little bit quirky so when you look at them, they’ve got a bit of magic about them.”
Discover your own bit of magic when you treat yourself to The Whimsical Face with Jane Davenport!
|Product Type||Video Download|
- So Inspired now!
- Wonderful, low-key instruction! I am so excited to practice drawing faces now; it truly is a joy after this video. (Posted on 10/19/2015)
- Best video
- I ordered this download video and I love it. I really like her way of teaching. I am happy with this purchase =) (Posted on 5/15/2015)
- Love her teaching style...
- Jane is very easy to listen to and follow...I love her artistic style and relaxed attitude about art. (Posted on 3/31/2014)
- I have taken many online art classes and Jane's is by-far the best I have ever purchased! After only a few practice session I was able to create a whimsical face that I was quite proud of!!!!! And I did it with only 2 watercolor pencils and some watered down acrylics!!! Jane thank you so much for sharing your wonder creativity with us!! You are truly inspirational and funny! I think I will start to kiss my pencils. (Posted on 8/28/2013)
- Sooo much fun!!
Great teacher and so much fun. I created a face that is actually pretty (I could not do this before) and I am taking her 'I love to draw" class as well. I plan to take all that she has to offer. I highly recommend taking the 'faces class'.
Thank you 'interweave' for making the downloadable classes available. I wouldn't be able to take classes at all if it weren't for the downloadable's or dvd's.
I see so many I want to take............... (Posted on 8/5/2013)
- Great for a Beginner
- I've been a fan of Jane's for a long time, but this is the first workshop of hers I've taken. I am just beginning to learn to draw... and this class was awesome! I've finished one face and was thrilled with the results. And Jane is so much fun - enjoy her tremendously! This is one of the best things I've gotten myself in a long time. (Posted on 7/12/2013)
- Absolutely informative, fun and excellent teaching!
- I just watched the complete video of The Whimsical Face and I loved it! I just need a few supplies and I will be creating faces too. Jane is so entertaining and informative and upbeat. Jane, I love your style...you have a real gift. I could not stop smiling during the whole video. I would love to apply your video to assist me in creating whimsical faces of my 11 grandchildren. I will seek out more of your videos. Thanks for the inspiration and joy! (Posted on 7/1/2013)
- One Stop Fabulousness
This is packed full of wonderful tips, techniques and giggles. Jane has the most engaging way of teaching and you will definitely be inspired to get creative. Jane makes everything seem so simple and I love that she explains the way in which the face does truly look in order to help you to understand placement and shading. Jane's happy personality shines brightly and you will feel like Jane is your personal tutor - how privileged I felt! I am so happy with this purchase and it is such a bargain - world class teacher for a less than a lovely bottle of Liquitex Gesso! You will be thoroughly entertained by Jane's anecdotes, information and best of all you get to see her in action - no "I prepared this earlier" stuff - you see her do it and you are provided with a step by step explanation. I can honestly say you will not regret purchasing this video - it will become your "go to" source.
Thank you Jane for generously sharing your wonderful talent! (Posted on 6/18/2013)
I have taken a number of Jane's online courses and this course is very true to her teaching style. She is fantastic. This course is fantastic.
Jane explains everything so well, and shows you exactly what and how in a way that you totally feel empowered to be able to do it yourself.
I couldn't draw faces before I found Jane. I thought I couldn't draw at all. Now I CAN. Jane taught me how to draw and shade faces. And beautiful ones too.
And this course totally teaches you how to do it from scratch. Even if you have no clue. Starting with the basics. And working all the way up till you have your own beautiful Whimsical Faces.
And if you're an American, you will LOVE Jane's Australian accent! Just saying. :) (Posted on 6/18/2013)
- if its jane's i had to have it, wonderful!!
- This was a no brainer, love all things jane davenports, for the price i honestly thought it would be more of a quickie. Nope, it is FULL of juice goodness and rip with Jane's quirky personality. I am only half way through and have done 2 girls just hangin out watching. just wonderful. Thanks JAne and Cloth,paper scissors, great job!! (Posted on 6/12/2013)
- This is just magic
Jene is just pure inspiration. I am sitting here looking at this movie and I just cant help myself but I am going straight to the art journal and painting heaven.
To make a face has been one of the most scary things for me... but Jane turned it all to fun and happiness. I believe I can be an artist!
I really love the feeling that it doesn't have to be perfect... imperfection makes personality!
The quality is perfect and I also enjoy that its one thing at a time and no stress painting...
When will we get part 2 : ) ?
(Posted on 6/10/2013)
- Jane is an excellent teacher! She combines an anatomy lesson with art principles all the while making it interesting and enjoyable to watch. She has a wonderful teaching style - very comfortable, funny, stress-free and inspiring. She is all about having fun and enjoying the process. On top of that, the video is high quality with multiple camera angles to allow us to see what Jane is showing us. This was money well spent. (Posted on 6/8/2013)
- I love Jane
- I take Jane 's I Heart Drawing class and I'm getting this workshop. Jane Davenport's approach is easy and unique. She's darling, a very good teacher, adorable, fun, encouraging, and from Aussie to boot! (Posted on 6/8/2013)
- Irresistible AND Talented- gotta love that!
Flying to the USA and making this video was a whole bunch of awesome! A big thank you to Jenn Mason, the Editor of Cloth Paper Scissors, and the Interweave Production Crew for making my filming fun!
I hope you enjoy 'The Whimsical Face' and it inspires you to not only draw, but love what you draw!
http://www.janedavenport.com (Posted on 6/7/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
Digital Courses and Streaming Video
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Courses”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses or My Videos you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course or Start Video button to the right to access your product.