The Weaver's Idea Book
New and experienced weavers alike are always on the lookout for new weave-structure patterns. The Weaver's Idea Book presents a wide variety of patterns for the simple rigid-heddle loom, accompanied by harness drafts for multishaft looms. The techniques include leno, Brooks bouquet, soumak, and embroidery on fabric. Each chapter contains weaving patterns along with swatches illustrating the techniques, accompanied by step-by-step photography.
The book is arranged by structure or type of weave, from variations on plain weave to doubleweave. With traditional patterns from around the world, bands, and fabrics woven on two double heddles, The Weaver's Idea Book brings together a variety of ways to create exquisite cloth. Weaving tips and tricks help weavers at all levels achieve their textile dreams. In addition to pattern drafts, Jane offers project ideas that guide the reader through creating functional woven projects, from wearables to home decor.
Weaving, especially on rigid-heddle looms, is enjoying a resurgence, and contemporary weavers are in need of a book to bridge the divide between basic books and complex text designed for advanced weavers with sophisticated tools. Celebrating the immense potential for creativity possible with the simplest of tools, The Weaver's Idea Book opens new avenues for exploration on both the rigid-heddle and multishaft looms.
|Number Of Pages||256|
- Love the Hardbound Idea Book
- I have downloaded almost all videos and e-books relating to Rigid Heddle Loom weaving and have learned so much. The hardbound version of The Idea Book will be most beneficial for me to be able to take my time and plan some creative projects. (Posted on 11/1/2014)
- Must have book for all rigid heddle loom owners
- This is an excellent book as not only does it contain stitch patterns and a few projects but also techniques I'd never considered using my loom for. It is well presented both in terms of text and photographs so all in all a must have book for anyone who owns a rigid heddle loom. I only wish there were more hours in a day to complete all the projects it has inspired me to make. (Posted on 11/11/2013)
- Where is my book
This is not so much a review of the book (which I have not received, even though I ordered it September 12) but a review of Interweave's shipping procedures. I paid standard shipping for this book, which should have had it at my house in 4 or 5 days. Yet, 14 days have passed, and no book has arrived. What's up with that?
Ellen (Posted on 9/26/2013)
- This book is an especially helpful tool. I am totally pleased! (Posted on 1/28/2012)
- Love all the different projects that are in this book. I learned several new techniques and will use them on both rigid heddle and my two harness Union loom. (Posted on 10/5/2011)
- Interesting and inspirational
- If you could only buy one rigid heddle book, it would have to be this one! I like the lay out, especially because it lays flat and you can keep it beside your loom as you work, and I have found it very easy to follow Jane's descriptions for learning a new technique. As the title says, its an ideas book, so its not step by step projects, but its a thorough grounding in the RH weaving techniques you can use to create your own inspirational and unique cloth. building on the work done by earlier weavers, Jane is at the forefront of pushing the boundaries of Rigid Heddle weaving. It's no longer a child's toy, but a legitimate style of weaving in its own right that is now being embraced right around the world. This one is a keeper! (Posted on 3/10/2011)
- It''s just arrived on my doorstep !
- Thank you SO MUCH Jane and the Interweave team for producing this wonderful resource! I just knew my little RH loom would be the right choice for me and Jane has reinforced that you can do just as well without 16 shafts! (apologies to those with "big" looms) I could weave a new pattern everyday for years with the inspiration and clear directions Jane has provided. Worth the wait from pre-order to receipt! Thanks guys. xxxx (Posted on 8/24/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.