The Structure of Shawls Online Workshop
Join instructor and designer Angela Tong as she teaches you how to create beautiful shawls from start to finish in her online workshop, The Structure of Shawls.
This product will be accessible from My Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Join Angela as she shares her secrets to creating the perfect shawl in this online workshop. Both beginners and experts will find inspiration in a new shape, decorative decrease, or finishing technique while creating beautiful shawls.
Whether you’re interested in keeping your shoulders warm or creating a piece of wearable art, shawls are the perfect accessory to add a pop of color and elegance to your wardrobe. Instructor and designer Angela Tong guides you every step of the way, from planning your shawl’s shape to blocking and finishing your completed piece.
This workshop also includes a downloadable pattern for Angela’s Colfax Shawl, as well as a downloadable guide to knitting increases and decreases.
In This Online Workshop You'll Learn:
- Basic shawl shapes and construction methods
- A variety of cast-on methods commonly used in shawl knitting
- Different increases and decreases for shaping shawls
- Edgings and bind offs
- Blocking techniques for a finishing touch
- About Your Instructor
- Understanding Shawl Shapes
- Stitch Patterns
- Cast-Ons for Shawls
- Working Shawl Edges
- Additional Shawl-Knitting Resources
Watch a Preview Now:
Techniques Covered: Cast-ons; bind-offs; increases & decreases; blocking
Skill Level: Adventurous beginners and up. Students should have basic knitting skills
Materials Needs: Worsted-weight yarn in two colors; Size 7 or 8 knitting needles; crochet hook
This Online Workshop Includes:
- Discussion board: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and express your inspirations.
- Gallery: Share images of your work where you can give and receive feedback from fellow students.
- Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
- Video Lessons: Run Time 71 minutes
About the Instructor
Angela is a knitwear designer based in NJ. Her designs have appeared in Interweave Knits, Knitscene, Knit Simple, Noro Knitting Magazine, and many other knitting magazines, books, and pattern collections. Angela is a certified knitting teacher through the Craft Yarn Council of America’s Certified Instructors Program. In addition to designing knits, she teaches classes on rigid heddle and pin-loom weaving. As a lifelong crafter, she has never met a craft she didn’t like.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.