The Right Marketing Tools and Strategy for your Fiber Arts Business
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You want to sell your art. Excellent! But how are you going to let the world know you are open for business? This webinar will guide you through developing your brand and creating the marketing tools and strategy that will help you successfully sell your art.
For a long time I dibbled, dabbled, and dreamed of selling my art as a business. Selling my art was so different than other businesses I’d done—it felt so personal! In 2010, I got serious and took an intensive 6 month course on the business side of art, changed many bad habits, and gained the confidence to sell my art by learning how to sell my art. Now, I teach other artists what I’ve learned through experience and training.
What you'll learn:
Who should attend:
Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the event as well as any handouts referenced during the presentation. You do not have to attend the live event to get the recording of the presentation or the handouts. In all Weaving Today web seminars, no question goes unanswered. Attendees have the ability to chat with the instructor during the live event and ask questions. You will receive a copy of the web seminar presentation in an email that goes out one week after the live event. The answers to questions not covered in the live presentation will be included in this email as well.
|About the instructor:
Deb Essen has been self-employed since 1989 in professions ranging from free-lance film work to running a phone company with her husband, Marty. In 2010, she decided to get serious about creating a business from her weaving and took an intensive 6 month course through the Montana Arts Council called the Montana Artrepreneurship Program on the business side of art. She completed the course and achieved artist certification. In 2011, she was selected to be a certified coach/teacher for the Montana Artpreneurship Program and has been teaching the business side of art ever since. As a weaver, Deb achieved the Certificate of Excellence in Handweaving, Level 1 from the Handweavers Guild of America in 2004 and in 2011 was inducted into the Montana Circle of American Masters in Folk and Traditional Art. She lives, weaves and runs her business, dje handwovens, in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana.
Register for The Right Marketing Tools and
Strategy for Your Fiber Arts Business today!
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Very Useful!
Deb talked about what actually needs to be done, and most importantly WHY you need to do certain things. She also tell you, honestly, why you should NOT do certain things. She talks about cost vs value and why cost is should not always a main consideration.
No fluff here. She is honest and while what some of my ideas were blown out of the water, I am very glad she did. At times, we artist really need hard honesty doses of reality to wake us up and tell us what will really work and what will not work. This seminar was grounding. If you really want to sell your goods, listen to this talk first!!
bjr (Posted on 12/9/2015)
- I want to have a small Etsy business and this video was the perfect match to get me going. This video is also geared to those who want a larger scale business. It brought forth new ideas on how to make my business successful. Deb Essen did an excellent job. I am so happy to have this as a download so I can listen to again and again. (Posted on 8/23/2015)
- Very helpful
- I found this not only interesting but very helpful, with advice I just wouldn't have thought of. (Posted on 6/1/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.