The New Tunisian Crochet
Tunisian crochet, a technique dating back to the nineteenth century, has recently been making its way back into the hands of crocheters. Here, author Dora Ohrenstein presents more than 30 Tunisian stitch patterns and 11 projects, updating historic concepts and introducing innovative techniques using contemporary styles and yarns. The door has officially been opened for those interested in rediscovering this treasured craft.
In The New Tunisian Crochet, you'll begin with Tunisian stitch patterns to create a variety of beautiful fabrics you'll love. Next, follow the inspiration of some of crochet's masters with projects that showcase these stitches in a variety of garments, accessories, and home decor projects. Get ready to explore a craft that's received a fresh jolt of inspiration and insight in The New Tunisian Crochet.
|Number Of Pages||144|
- Has it All!
- I love this book. It provides a wonderful background and explaination of tunisian crochet while teaching stitches for beginners to intermediate crocheters. The instructions are well written and easy to follow with both individual stitches and a number of stitch patterns. The patterns included build on your new skills providing immediate practice. (Posted on 1/19/2016)
- This book is a good starting point for learning Tunisian Crochet
- I loved this book. I'd expect to find this caliber of book in a course syllabus. I liked the way it is organized. The drawings are well done, however, I could have used a few more. I did find a few typos. I want to create a few of the projects included in the book. This technique is a more advanced crochet skill. I've recommended it to my crochet friends for when they get bored with regular crochet. (Posted on 7/17/2014)
- Can't wait to get started!
- I have only just received this (I'm in the UK) so haven't reached the stage of following a pattern in detail, but I'm really pleased. There are so many things in here I'd like to make, and I like the organisation of the book too, so I can work my way through different techniques. I'm very happy with this! (Posted on 3/19/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.