The Mixed-Media Artist
You’ll Love This Mixed-Media Art Book If:
- You want an inside look at the creative processes of different mixed-media artists
- You enjoy the candidness of artist interviews
- You like looking at mixed-media art from a range of artists
The Mixed-Media Artist by Seth Apter delves into the hearts and souls of over 40 inspiring artists. Branching from an ongoing, online artist survey hosted since 2008, as well as artist interviews, responses to personal questions and prompts are showcased in order to illustrate the creative perspectives of different mixed-media artists. In the first section, introduce yourself to thirty spotlight artists, and witness self-portraits and self-reflections prompted by the author. A series of questions chosen to reveal more about these artists’ creative experiences guides the second section. Artists respond with a variety of mixed-media techniques, tips, tool recommendations, projects, and more. Learn from a second group of mixed-media artists in the third section, as they engage with more questions and prompts, share inspired pieces, and suggest tips, tools, projects, and more mixed-media art techniques.
Expose yourself to the creative minds of a variety of mixed-media artists, and pick up some inspiration for yourself. Baring their hearts and souls, these artists all have interesting and valuable stories to tell.
In The Mixed-Media Artist You’ll Find:
- Creative perspectives and intimate thoughts from 40+ inspiring mixed-media artists
- Helpful how-tos, tool recommendations, mixed-media techniques, and more
- Access to additional online content, like downloads, tutorials, videos, and more
A Word from the Author: “On these pages, you will unlock the door to the personal inspirations, motivations and creative perspectives of ‘the mixed-media artist.’” —Seth Apter
About the Author:
Seth Apter is the author of The Pulse of Mixed Media. His artwork has been showcased in numerous exhibitions and can be found in multiple books, national magazines and independent zines. The voice behind The Altered Page, an online visual journal, he has been the host and organizer of a number of international collaborative art projects. Seth also has a PhD in psychology and splits his time between creating art in his studio and seeing clients in his private-practice office—life experiences that join together to form the foundation of his daily life. Seth lives in New York City and finds inspiration every time he walks out of his door into the streets of the city.
|Number Of Pages||128|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.