The Crocheter's Toolbox: Lily Chin's Techniques and Tricks for Savvy Crocheters DVD
In The Crocheter's Toolbox: Lily Chin's Techniques and Tricks for Savvy Crocheters, you'll learn every tip, trick, and technique in the book from master crocheter, Lily Chin. She'll show you skip common mistakes, how to add trims and embellishments, and how to make your crochet projects more enjoyable overall.
You'll Love This Crocheting Video If:
- You want to improve your crochet skills
- You want to review skills you may have forgotten
- You'd like to crochet the perfect foundation
In The Crocheter's Toolbox You'll Learn:
- How to make efficient swatches
- How to use your crochet hook properly
- How to add trims, beads and buttons to your projects
A Word From the Author:
"I promise I'll slow down and demonstrate some of the best tips and tricks that every crocheter should have in their toolbox. This crochet workshop is based on one of my most popular crochet classes. You'll learn how to make your crochet effortless, and be able to tackle any project on your wishlist."— Lily Chin
About the Author:
Named “Master Knitter" by Vogue Knitting International, Lily Chin is a respected and experienced knitter. She has created pieces for celebrities like Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell and crocheted pieces for runway superstars like Diane Von Furstenburg and Vera Wang. Lily enjoys teaching others her craft and has hosted classes from New York, where she lives, and around the world.
|Author/Designer||Lily M. Chin|
- So many new tricks
- I have been crocheting for over 70 years and I was amazed at all the new tricks I learned to make crocheting easier and more successful. I would recommend this video to anyone who wants to master crochet from a novice to an experienced person. I love it and I imagine I will refer to this video many times in the future. (Posted on 7/7/2016)
- I've been crocheting for over 40 years and I can't believe how many new tricks I learned in this one video. Truly remarkable and more than worth the money (Posted on 5/20/2016)
- Just bought the videos. WOW!! So many fantastic tips.Love it! Just wish I could crochet as fast as Lily. This is the best purchase I've ever made. Tips that will last a lifetime. (Posted on 2/1/2015)
- Excellent instruction, with one annoynace
- Clear instructions that are well explained with demos (you could grab your hook and yarn and work along with Lily). The only annoyance so far (and unfortunately, it's one that drives me up a wall) is how she pronounces the word "treble" as "treeble". (Posted on 12/23/2014)
- Very practical and useful tips, clear and very easy to understand
- I actually had a chance to review this and It is just as described and she give useful tips that can be applied in most aspect of crocheting. (Posted on 12/12/2014)
- Best Instructional product I ever purchased!
- How I wish I had had this video years ago. Lily Chin addresses all the issues I have struggled with since learning to crochet. Her instructions are very clear and precise as she demonstrates the technique. The camera shots are zoomed in so you can clearly see what she is doing. I cannot say enough about this video. It is the best instructional crochet product that I have ever purchased!!! (Posted on 8/29/2014)
- video is a must have!
- The video is instructional and my baby blankets are on another level. What is the software Lily use to make the designs and where can I purchase it? I would like to make a few designs in the software to see if it will work before actually doing the work. Thanks. (Posted on 6/11/2014)
- Outstanding Instructional Video
Kudos to Lily Chin for developing a well-sequenced, thoughtful, informative and highly accessible instructional crochet videos.
Recently, I returned to crocheting after a hiatus of a dozen or more years. I've also purchased patterns and I've watched YouTubes. Too many mediocre techniques simply prevail because "that's the way it's done."
In contrast, Lily Chin's evident mission has been continuous improvement to find better methods.
If you like to crochet and want to learn technique, purchasing this DVD set is an investment in enjoying your pasttime. (Posted on 5/10/2014)
- Fabulous Tips and Tricks
This DVD set is WELL WORTH the investment. I am an experienced self-taught crocheter and not only learned a quantity of useful information, but an explanation as to Why a particular method was used. Goodies learned from Ms Chin have been put to immediate use! The section on splices was particularly helpful -- it is one thing to read about how to do it and quite another to actually see How to do it.
Would love to see more DVDs from Ms Chin! (Posted on 4/26/2014)
- Very Worthwhile!
- This format and content are so welcome! I am constantly interrupted from my reading and watching unless it is something everyone else wants to do too. I am very pleased that this is a DVD that I can take with me to any room and watch on my computer or watch at those moments that there is time. I have learned a lot from Lily and I have crocheted for over 50 years now! I am inspired by her technique and don't feel too challenged on the new stuff to give it a try. There are new products out there and the ever changing fibers that we have available were always a mystery to me. It makes it a huge investment when you create something and you don't want to make a mistake buying the wrong fiber for what your pattern is for. Do it right with informed advice from Lily. I will replay this over and over, enjoying what I learn as I go. I am thinking that I need a night to invite crocheting friends over for a "Lily and Wine" night! (Posted on 3/11/2014)
- Awesome tips
- I haven't crocheted anything but shell baby afghans in years, so all of these new ideas have launched me into other endeavors. I taught myself to crochet as a teenager and now at the age of 65, am finally trying new things. Thank you. (Posted on 3/11/2014)
- most useful advices with very enlightening technics (Posted on 2/15/2014)
- Great DVD
- I love this video. I have been crocheting for 30 years and it taught me new and easier ways to crochet. I can't believe how much neater and better my creations look. Thanks Lily, you are the best by far. (Posted on 2/11/2014)
- Great investment
- The tips and tricks are great, and very well explained. This is an amazing tool for the seasoned and beginning crocheter alike. I have had some problems playing the downloaded version so i have not been able to watch the videos all the way through (mainly i think due to my outdated computer). (Posted on 1/23/2014)
- An Excellent Toolbox
- The CD is filled with useful information, tips on how to join yarns effortlessly, and then how to change color effortless join. Love her motto of find an easy way to crochet, join, and block (also a least fave thing). It is well worth the investment (Posted on 1/19/2014)
- Great tips, expertise and humor
- I enjoy Lily Chin's crispness and humor in her videos (I have two). She is so good at giving as much information and detail as possible without overwhelming you and, as mentioned, with just the right amount of humor. I started using tips learned in this video right away such as, better turning chain technique; foundation single crochet; melding two yarn ends together, sleuthing out unknown yarn content; not-sewn buttons; ways to work with novelty yarns. The list is long for the number of things you learn in this video. She is a true expert. I highly recommend it. (Posted on 8/6/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org
Digital Courses and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Courses”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses or My Videos you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course or Start Video button to the right to access your product.