The Art of Expressive Collage
You will love this collage book if:
- You want to learn how to make collage art
- You are looking for new collage techniques
- You want to learn how to work with encaustic, paints, charcoal and more in collage
Begin a new chapter with your art and see how the techniques inside The Art of Expressive Collage can help you express a brand new voice!
Learn how to make a collage a powerful vehicle for story-telling. Explore how to let go of controlling the outcome and trust the intuitive voice inside for stunning art that is deeply personal. Discover the best places to hunt for ephemera and realize a common thread in the bits and pieces you collect. Find new ways to arrange these bits as you express yourself with lines, smudges, and translucent layers.
Beyond using paper and glue you’ll discover:
- How to prepare various papers for collage and using staining and embellishing techniques
- Tips for making unique marks, adding photos, creating texture, and more
- Techniques for using encaustic paint, charcoal, acrylic paint, chalks, and other mixed-media materials
A Word from the Author
“There is a relationship that is developed between the artist and the artistic process when practiced intuitively. A common mistake is trying to tell the canvas the story instead of allowing it to be released through the process. In my teaching experience, I am privileged to see that “aha moment” in the faces of my students as they learn to let go of control. I see faces that are radiant, imaginations being stirred and identity beginning to make itself known. It is my desire to be able to convey this sense of freedom to you while raising your expectations to create exceptional works of art. To take you from the fear of messing it up to the excitement of letting it flow.” -Crystal Neubauer
About the Author
From obtaining gallery representation, to writing this book, to teaching workshops nationwide and opening a studio in her own neighborhood, learning to tune in to the voice within has led her on a journey of learning “I can”; and she is delighted to share what she has learned in hopes that others will achieve an “I can” experience of their own.
1. Collecting: Hunting and gathering materials and supplies
2. Preparing: Getting various papers ready for collage
3. Composing: Understanding the elements of design
4. Creating: Explore the collage process
5. Inspiration: A gallery of art
|Number Of Pages||128|
- Incredibly Inspiring
- I have many (and I mean many) books on collage...I have learned from each. What has been missing is the more intuitive aspect of the art of collaging. This book does it all: inspires, teaches, and reminds the reader to stay focused on our inner artist!!! I love this book. I read it before going to bed!! I am sure it give me colorful dreams!!! (Posted on 8/3/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.