Fun with Watercolor: Texture Effects DVD
In this video workshop, explore more than 20 traditional and non-traditional techniques for painting and adding texture with watercolor. Follow along with Gina Lee Kim as she demonstrates a creating a panoramic landscape for an art journal page. Order your copy of Fun with Watercolor: Texture Effects to start exploring textures in watercolor!
There’s more to watercolor textures than adding salt!
In Gina Lee Kim’s video Fun with Watercolor: Texture Effects you’ll learn more than 20 techniques for painting with watercolor and adding texture in both traditional and non-traditional ways! As you create a panoramic landscape art journal page, you’ll create different textures for each birch tree in the forest. Gina will also walk you, and student Amy Jones, through the creation of the background by using traditional watercolor techniques including washes and glazes. Experiment with texture effects today!
Create Textures Using:
- Salt, alcohol, masking fluid
- Gouache, watercolor iridescent medium
- Sponges, skewers, scrubbers
- Watercolor ground mediums
- Acrylic mediums
- Watercolor powders
- Foils and collage
- Much more!
Watch a preview of this video here!
About the Artist
Gina Lee Kim is a watercolor enthusiast, mixed-media artist and art journaler. Originally from California, Gina majored in biology and then became a registered nurse after moving to Massachusetts. No matter what stage of her life, Gina was actively painting and teaching workshops. Gina has been published in various art magazines including Cloth Paper Scissors, Cloth Paper Scissors STUDIOS, Cloth Paper Scissors PAGES, Somerset Studios and more. Gina currently resides north of Chicago with her husband Jim, and son Stephen. Gina’s favorite color is cobalt violet and she tries not to accidentally dip her paintbrush into her coffee. Visit Gina at her website, GinaLeeKim.com and see inside her art journal on Instagram at instagram.com/ginaleekim.
- 140-lb. cold press watercolor paper
- 90-lb. mixed media paper
- Duralar transparency sheet (.005)
- 2 way glue by Zig
- Aquapasto (optional)
- Brusho crystal color powders in dark colors
- Daniel Smith watercolor ground in black and white (optional)
- Golden Fiber paste (optional)
- Golden glass bead gel (optional)
- Golden Iron Oxide
- Golden QoR coldpress ground (optional)
- Golden QoR light dimensional ground (optional)
- Liquitex ceramic stucco (optional)
- Liquitex super heavy gesso (optional)
- Tube watercolors in a basic range of warm and cool yellows, reds and blues, orange, violet, light and dark green
- Walnut ink
- White acrylic paint
- White china marker
- White gouache
- White water-based paint pens (Sharpie)
- Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium
Other Tools or Supplies
- 2 water containers
- Baby wipes
- Bamboo sketching pen
- Black Stabilo ALL pencil
- Bristle brush
- Collage paper- old book pages
- Craft brushes- ½” flat, #8 and #12 round
- Craft knife
- Foam brush
- Foil sheets in silver, black and blue
- Gluestick or dot roller
- Heat gun or hair dryer
- Masking tape
- Old book paper
- Old toothbrush
- Packing tape or other transparent tape
- Paint rags
- Palette knife
- Paper towels
- Razor blade
- Rigger brush
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Small pieces of corrugated cardboard
- Spray bottle
- Washi tape (optional)
- Water dropper or pipette
- Watercolor paintbrushes- round #5, #8, #12 and #20
- Watercolor palette with cover
- Watercolor texture medium
Order your Fun with Watercolor: Texture Effects video workshop today!
|File/Trim Size||7.5" x 5.25" x .5"|
|Author/Designer||Gina Lee Kim|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.