Techniques for Structural Peyote Stitch with Nancy Cain OnDemand Webinar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join beading teacher Nancy Cain for her web seminar that will teach you the basic processes of techniques within peyote stitch, you will experience and gain an understanding of three-dimensional bead sculpturing and engineering.
By understanding the foundational physics behind the stitch, and using the downloaded tutorial on making a 14mm hollow beaded ball, your peyote work will improve and allow you to begin expanding on what you can create.
Nancy's personal journey of understanding the foundational aspect of peyote has enabled her to push boundaries in structural design. Much like building a home you can't start a 3D structure from a pile of lumber without pre-planning. Learn how this same rule is applicable to beading 3D structures.
What you'll learn:
- Why bead shape makes a difference and the differences between using round andcylinder beads in your designs.
- How math numbers work in peyote structure.
- Learn how the first five rounds of peyote are the key.
- Why peyote twists and curls and how thread really works.
- Techniques for creating your own 14mm hollow beaded ball to practice what you've learned from the included tutorial download.
Nancy has taught peyote bead workshops since 1996 and has been a Bead&Button Show instructor since 2005. She is the Bead&Button Show 2015 Master Class instructor on Bead Engineering with peyote stitch. She has traveled and taught extensively around the country as well as internationally: twice to Japan and on two bead cruises: Alaska and the Baltic Sea. She was named Designer of the Year for 2010 - Beadwork magazine. Her work is shown in several books and book Gallery sections. Nancy has twice been a BeadDreams finalist, exhibiting at the Bead&Button Show. Her work has exhibited in several museums in Japan including the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Art. She has an online video class through Craftsy Inc. - 2013.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- I gave this webinar a three because I did learn a thing or two from it, but over all I felt disappointed in the quality of content. I hoped for a more in depth discussion with regards to increasing and decreasing and actual examples of "building structure". I felt the content shown was too basic and for the most part things I already knew. Nonetheless, I love Nancy Cain's work and will continue to be a huge fan! (Posted on 6/4/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.