Taking the Measure of Handspun Yarn eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
- Great Spinners Think Alike
You know, if you dont try at all, you can produce a relatively simple, meh quality yarn that costs a small fortune if you add in all the incidental costs such as ebooks that should probably be free or next to free. It skyrockets if you look up invest in ways to get fancy.
I agree with one reviewer. I was thinking of buying this but read that it was a collection of published articles. I already own all their SpinOff magazines in digital form so I am not going to duplicate.
Here is my strategy for working with Interweave products:
If you want to buy Interweave products, I find something you want and put it in your shopping cart and sign up for promotions and buy it when you get an email.
If you cannot wait for a sale, then google for 'interweave coupon codes' and many times you will find one that works, but be warned, they sometimes work at first then stop working at the last page, the payment submission page. I've complained very loudly about this, so I hope it gets fixed.
Always buy digital, the shipping will eat up any savings, unless you buy a bulk of DVDs. I did pretty well by getting half off the entire SpinOff collection in download format.
I did the same with all Interweave Crochet products also, as I found that I was buying too many single patterns. Single patterns are about a dollar less than the issue in which they appeared. I ordered these in CD format and paid shipping since there were so many, but I was able to utilize one of the big discount deals, like the 30-50% off. I forget which.
Interweave is expensive if you pay full price and shipping, but you can find a deal. Good luck and I hope they print this! (Posted on 5/29/2013)
- How Much? Really?
- I was about to click on the ''add to cart'' button when I read the rest of the description: a "collection of articles from out-of-print issues of Spin-Off". I may already have (some of) these articles, granted not all in one place, but I''m not going to pay $14.95 for that convenience. If this eBook was $9.99, then I would reconsider buying it. (Posted on 5/24/2010)
- Worth It
- I had a split second hesitate to buy this. I did read the other reviews. I am new to spinning and in a Master Spinner Program. I have to say I am SO GLAD I downloaded this! I actually wish I had it before I started Level 1, but very glad I have it for Level 2. It saves me time and money trying to track down all these articles and purchase all the magazines and that is if I can find them. Thank you! (Posted on 4/6/2010)
- Quite simply, the price for Interweave Press ebooks is too high for an ebook, especially for anything fiber. Spinning is, for goodness sake, a tactile activity...so most of us are very tactile. Sorry, but if I don''t get to feel the book and paper, cuddle up in a chair with book, etc... I don''t want to pay regular book prices! Plus...how often is a small book (23 pages?) even worth $14.95! P.S. When is Spin-Off going to get the respect of Knitting or Handwoven and be published every 2 months! Again...I can''t touch or cuddle up with a computer like I can with an actual paper magazine or book! (Posted on 2/6/2010)
- Taking the Measure of Handspun Yarn (eBook
- I am a weaver whose guild had Rita do a program--she is fantastic and so I clicked on this to learn more. I have to agree that the price, when coupled with the cost of printing and binding, turned me off--I will just go look these articles up in the library. I assigned a low rating in hopes people will read the rest of my review--I''m sure the content is top notch, but you may be losing sales because of the price. (Posted on 1/27/2010)
- You''re not giving it a chance!
- It''s really a shame to be this greedy. This may be an amazing (e)book but most people will never know because interweave expects consumers to be ripped off to find out. There is no way in the world a book that you have to print out (and bind if you choose) is worth $15. It''s 23 pages for crying out loud. eBooks will never make it in the market if sellers/distributors think people are going to pay what a bound book cost in a brick and mortar store. (Posted on 1/26/2010)
- I agree with the others
- I''m a beginning spinner and have just started what I guess you''d consider the next "level" and want measure, weigh and learn about my yarn - go beyond just spinning it and I was thrilled to get this promo in my email - but $14.95 is a bit too high for me for an ebook - more because of the printing - our printer runs out of ink easily and I just can''t justify printing that many pages for $14.95....wish I could, but there does appear to be a tipping point for ebooks - great and valuable content or not.... (Posted on 12/5/2009)
- Intrigued, but agree with cost assessment reviews
- I was tempted to pull out my credit card and order this, but after reading the reviews, I have to agree. The cost is way too high for an eBook, particularly if one compares this to 300-400 page novels or non-fiction books that are available for download at less than $10 each. I love Spin-Off Magazine, but would definitely recommend that the marketing/product pricing dept do an analysis of the ''going rate'' for e-book materials. (Posted on 12/4/2009)
- Estimating Value
- Please take into consideration that you are paying for the content here, the information and knowledge of the author, which is excellent is the product you are paying for, if the paperless delivery is not to your liking that is certainly your opinion. When I purchase any kind of book the binding, feel of the paper etc. are part of the experience - but ultimately the content is the point. Rita B. certainly delivers on that! (Posted on 12/3/2009)
- Spinning Questions & e-books
- Excellent collection of articles. Pertinent information for a beginning spinner provided in a logical, efficient order. E-books in general work very well for people like me who live 100 Kms from a book store & would have to pay shipping plus the cost of the book. Not to mention that having it was immediate - no waiting! (Posted on 12/2/2009)
- E-books are rip offs at the price
- At this price (14.95) this 20+ page unprinted book of reprints is a rip off. I purchased the sock book and found that it would cost me an additional $20 to have it printed at the local copy store. A waste. (Posted on 12/2/2009)
- Taking the Measure of Handspun Yarn
- I haven''t seen this yet. I have only seen the price. $14.95 for only 23 pages, as an e-book where I have to provide the paper? You''ve GOT to be kidding. That''s a lot more than any single magazine Interweave offers. I''ll consider it when the price is a lot more reasonable in light of the number of pages. (Posted on 12/2/2009)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org
Digital Courses and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Courses”
- Click the button to the right of the Product Title labeled "Go To Course”
- This will open the course and video platform and place you in the dashboard.
- Under My Courses or My Videos you should see your recent purchase.
- Click the Start Course or Start Video button to the right to access your product.