Tags, Flags, and Memories: Dimensional handmade books On Demand Web Seminar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Tags, Flags, and Memories: Dimensional Handmade Books
By Dea Fischer
Format: Web Seminar Download
YOU’LL LOVE THIS WEB SEMINAR DOWNLOAD IF:
- You would like to learn how to make a memory book
- You want to learn more about flag books and what they can be used for
- You want to gather some basic skills & techniques for building handmade books
ABOUT THIS WEB SEMINAR DOWNLOAD:
The flag or tag book is a visually complex style of book with ‘flags’ or tags of paper or card adhered to an accordion spine. When closed, you can leaf through it like any other book, but when fanned open, it puts on a fabulous display of pages. When constructed with two or three layers of flags, the flags cross over each other as they open, creating a visually exciting display.
This flag book form makes a perfect memory book. The fanned pages and roomy binding lend themselves really well to the display of holiday and vacation memorabilia. Dea has made many different book forms over the years, and returns to this deceptively simple form over and over again for special displays. In this seminar, Dea will lead you step by step through construction of a flag book and build it into a real memory book for that special vacation or holiday.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Create a one- or two-layer flag book
- Learn skills and techniques that can be applied to creating other book forms
- Explore how to plan your design for most effective display
- Discover how to find the perfect ephemera
- Experiment with mixed media decoration
- Play with colour, pattern and memory to create a memory that will last a lifetime
Perhaps best known for crafting beautiful artist's books, Canadian artist Dea Fischer spreads her creative time between book arts, collage, photography and large public and community art projects. A 15-year career as a lawyer, trainer, and writer in the UK left little time for art. Making a big life change and returning to Canada brought Dea into the creative life she was born to live. Nowadays, Dea is the conservator for a public library in Alberta and teaches sold out courses in bookbinding, altered books and collage across North America. She has a slow-burning love affair with all things to do with books, collage and low-tech photography. Dea uses her work to meditate on spiritual themes related to our relationship with nature and the natural world, and our internal and external environment. Her work is held in special collections at Yale University and the University of Toronto, and in private collections in Canada, the United States, England and Japan. In her off hours, Dea likes to engage her community in acts of random creation.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- We're Sorry!
- We’re sorry you’re dissatisfied with your purchase from the Cloth Paper Scissors Shop. If you would like a refund for your purchase, please contact Customer Service here [http://www.interweavestore.com/contacts]. (Posted on 12/11/2013)
- wish I could get a refund
- I have purchased a lot of online mixed media courses. I was so very very disappointed in this class. I thought it would be a step by step video, what you get is hearing the person and seeing what is sitting on the slide presentation..... I would love to have my money back and now I see it is already on sale. I also could not catch the web air at the correct time and had to wait and wait to get the down load. I had several vacation days and of course I did not get it until I was working again. If all the classes are like this I will not be getting anything from here again.. Any chance at a refund????? (Posted on 11/28/2013)
- Disappointing delivery, bad format for talented artist
I love Dea Fisher. Her video on bookmaking by interweave and refocused my creativity. But this webinar was poorly done. You will stare at simplistic Powerpoint slides, which will stay up for 5 minutes or more with 5-6 words on it. By 24 minutes into it, only maybe 5 slides, without even pictures of what we were talking about. You are listening to her DESCRIBE tools. I only stuck around till she started talking about the project, and when the slide hadn't changed beyond the section title slide in over 5 minutes again, I was done. Like most people, I need visuals to go with descriptions of completely new projects.
Dea Fisher rocks. This format does not. I will not buy any more webinars, but I really hope she does more videos or You Tubes it. If you are interested in bookmaking check out her video. She's excellent in her delivery.
(Posted on 11/27/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.