Successful Jewelry Design Idea to Wearable Art DVD
Take an inside look at the design inspiration and processes behind three successful jewelry designers. Join artists Layne Freedline, Helen Driggs, and Steven Ford for an in-depth look at their individual processes for turning design ideas into wearable art.
Step inside each artist's studio to discover the methods behind each and every one of their pieces. From set-up and sketches to successes and the evolution of design series, they take you through the journey to creating successful jewelry.
Order your copy today to:
- Get expert insight
on going from the drawing board to your bench and how to be successful in your own designs.
- Learn to see the object and the construction simultaneously with Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist'sHelen Driggs.
- Discover the inspiration behind each artist's piece and how it reflects their artist statement.
- See the transformation of a series of pendants with artist Layne Freedline as she develops a unique gem setting to show off a stone in a dramatic new way.
- Explore key components to jewelry pieces, including keeping costs down, designing for wearability, and more.
- Uncover the secrets behind using found objects, polymer clay, and metal in art jewelry as Steven Ford of FordForlano creates collaborative pieces with two other artists.
- And more!
|Author/Designer||Layne Freedline, Helen I. Driggs, Steven Ford|
- Very interesting
This is a great DVD on 3 different artists and their process from how they plan a piece to how it is completed. It also shows how they evolve into a series. It includes some very helpful information on collaborations with other artists.
It was fascinating to watch all the ways these artists dealt with implementing their ideas and challenges, how they overcame obstacles and how it sparked new inspirations and growth.
I picked up many tips and much information and will watch it again. (Posted on 10/18/2014)
- Loved it!
- I am very impressed with this DVD. I found all the Jewelers to be very interesting and informative. If you are at a point in your skill development where you need to listen to some experienced,wise advise this is the DVD for you. Each of the three designers have a unique process for developing their work-I took bits and pieces from them all. I have lots of "How To" books and DVDs but, this one gives me the missing link-a methodology for creating my own jewelry. My one suggestion for improvement is the camera work. Keep the piece in the frame,and use high magnification whenever possible! close ups as much as (Posted on 3/9/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.