Stone on Stone Setting with Michael Boyd DVD
You'll love this if:
- You want to discover a different stone setting technique: setting stones or metal on top of stones.
- You want to learn how to add additional color, dimension, and texture to your stone settings with this layering technique.
- You want to uncover important jewelry making considerations for stone setting and jewelry design.
Layer color, height, and dimension with this stone setting technique!
Join expert metalsmith and gem artist Michael Boyd and learn one of his signature techniques: stone on stone settings. Take a fundamental skill to the next level with this instructional video workshop as you uncover important tips for creating custom fit bezels, drilling holes in your stones successfully, and mounting gems atop larger ones. With endless possibilities for your jewelry designs, this is a must-have technique guide.
Order your copy of this video workshop today to:
- Learn essential bezel-making tips to make the perfect setting whether you're working with opaque, transparent, translucent, or semi-translucent stones.
- Uncover important steps for drilling holes in stones successfully.
- Discover ways to create snug mountings using tubing, burnishing, and epoxy.
- Explore ways to apply this layering method to metal to achieve the beautiful and contrasting look of metal on stone.
- And so much more!
About the Artist
Michael Boyd is a progressive and innovative jeweler who uses unusual, rare, and traditional materials in his work. His background as a painter and colorist combines with his ability as a stone cutter to define both form and structure in his work. With stone as a medium, Michael blends and integrates these materials with precious metal in a bold, signature style. He is on the editorial board of and a frequent contributor to Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine and is a two-time Saul Bell Design Award winner. His work appears in nationally acclaimed craft shows and private and museum collections; to see it, visitwww.michaelboyd.com. Learn additional metalsmithing and stone cutting tips from Michael in his first video workshop, Basic Cabochon Cutting for Jewelry Makers.
- Loved it!
- Absolutely a must see for anyone who is self tought jeweler like myself. Worth every penny! There is a lot more wisdom, tips and tricks shared then the title suggests. Easy to follow step by step instructions. (Posted on 12/9/2015)
- Excellent step by step
- This is one of my favorites videos. Can not wait for another video from Michael. Easy to understand, with very interesting tips and instructions that sure will improve your technique. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of his videos from now on. (Posted on 6/4/2015)
- Great Technique
- Mr Boyd does a great job explaining and demonstrating this technique. Videos are such a great value. Where else do you get to learn from Pro for less then $25.00. Plus you have the benefit to watch the video over as many times as is necessary while you are working on your own project. (Posted on 5/31/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.