Stitch, Winter 2012 Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Material World: History of American Wool: From Pendleton to Woolrich to famed historical mills and even L.L. Bean, who turns 100 this year, wool has a rich history in the United States. Discover the story behind American wool production, including how wool is carded and spun into fabric.
Sewing Room: Your First Coat: (What the Pattern Instructions Don't Tell You) Making your first coat can be a scary proposition. Here's how to find a middle ground between couture and slap-dash.
Technique Spotlight: Sewing Wool Coating: What are the different kinds of wool coating? How do you deal with the hemlines and flatten the seams? How do you press? Here is everything you wanted to know about how to sew wool coating fabric.
Pillow Challenge: Three Stitch artists interpret the fabric designs of an indie fabric designer and each create a pillow. This story includes the three pillow projects, as well as a narrative from each artist on how the fabric inspired. The article is a companion to sister magazine Cloth Paper Scissors' profile on the indie fabric designer's creative process.
Colette: Read about Portland, Ore.,-based indie designer Sarai Mitnick and get an insider's peek at being a modern pattern designer.
Projects Themes Include:
Wool, Wonderful Wool - Is there anything more wondrous than a gorgeous woolen? Let the wide range of wools and wool blends available inspire your projects, from felt and flannel to gabardines, meltons, tweeds and worsteds. Wool is used in unusual and clever ways to create designs to warm up your heart, home and wardrobe.
Comfy Coats - What's better than a great coat or jacket to snuggle into when the wintry winds come blowing. Many sewists avoid jackets and coats because of challenging construction, but this section will change their minds with easy patterns and forgiving shapes that don't require excessive fitting or lots of lining. Find creative shortcuts to take the work out of coats and jackets while still getting a stunning result.
Warm Your Heart - Some projects just tug at our heartstrings. For the Warm-Your-Heart section, projects express love (romantic or otherwise), sweet sentiments, and happy notions. Change the world one loving project at a time.
Hearth and Home - Find projects for the spaces and activities in your home that are most useful and comforting to you in the long winter doldrums, from sitting in front of a crackling fire to taking a steaming bubble bath to drinking hot cocoa. These projects make you look forward to cold weather.
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.