Stitch, Fall 2012 Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Revel in the cool, crisp days of the fall season with Stitch, Fall 2012. This 171-page issues offers 32 stunning projects ranging from garments and accessories to home accents and fabulous décor. You'll have fun with autumn-hued prints; a fresh harvest of cozy and fashionable fabrics; clothes and accessories inspired by fall's styles; and projects that you can create by yourself or with others, for yourself and others.
- Technique Spotlight: Draping a Bodice:Contributing Editor Gretchen Hirsch give a step-by-step tutorial on how to drape a bodice on a dress form so that you can make your own patterns!Plus, a sidebar shows how to change a neckline.
- Fabric Rose Buds: Author Tomasa Jimenez shows the simple steps to creating beautiful fabric rosebuds.
- Sewing with Knits: Learn all about how to stitch up knits with designer, author and teacher Linda Lee.
- A Strand of Thread: Read the 200-year historic evolution of thread manufacturer Coats & Clark by Contributing Editor Susan Beal.
- Material World: The Bottom Line: All the hem finishes you ever wanted to know about, with detailed photos, by Contributing Editor Linda Turner Griepentrog.
Project Themes Include:
Dress it Up - The dress is the iconic fashion statement of fall, whether simple and elegantly chic or embellished with details galore. Find frocks you'll love to make for work, parties, and casual weekends.
Upcycle! - Fall is the season of the harvest and what better time to discover creative ideas for upcycling. Upcycling is the process of converting something vintage or used into something more beautiful and useful. Take this commendable environmental practice into the sewing studio to create beautiful objects for the home, wardrobe, family, and friends.
School Days - When school bells signal the end of summer, it's time to start dreaming about all the fun supplies, new outfits, and crafty projects that you can devise. For the back-to-school section, children are invited to help create teacher's gifts, garments, and accessories.
Embroider This - From pretty freehand work to intricate embellishment to extravagant machine work, the possibilities for embroidery are limitless. The art of embroidery dates back centuries, but basic stitches remain the same. Discover ways to express these fundamental techniques and stitches, while adding a modern theme to a garment, accessory, or project.
Great Hats - Hats are among the most perfect of accessories for fall: quick-to-make, requiring little fitting. It's easy to go crazy-creative with embellishment. Create funky and simple or stylishly chic hats from a variety of fabrics and textures and share ideas on how to accessorize.
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
New subscribers, who wish to receive the current newsstand issue of a magazine, should purchase that issue individually as the subscription will start with the upcoming newsstand issue. Please note, the first issue of your subscription may take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive (international customers, please add an additional 2 weeks for shipping times).
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.