Step Into Crochet
Start crocheting socks on the right foot with expert guidance from trusted instructor Rohn Strong and Step Into Crochet! Free bonus pattern from author Rohn Strong with purchase!
Crocheted Sock Techniques—from Basic to Beyond!
Whether you're ready to jump into crocheting socks feet first, or just dipping your toe in to try out a few fun patterns, Step into Crochet is your must-have, comprehensive guide to crochet sock success. Trusted crochet instructor and designer Rohn Strong walks you through every detail of a variety of sock making techniques along with 18 patterns for cozy socks.
Step into Crochet begins with construction methods: you'll learn basic toe-up and cuff-down construction, while being introduced to a variety of heel and toe treatments. Plus, you'll find out what makes a certain heel/toe combination perfect for socks!
With your foundation skills at the ready, you'll be set to get your hook stitching one of the 18 sock patterns ranging from basic ribbed and simple socks (great for customizing) to more technique-based pieces, focusing on colorwork, lace, cables, and more.
Order your copy of Step Into Crochet today!
Free with purchase! Get a bonus crochet project from Rohn Strong with your purchase of Step Into Crochet in the Interweave Store now!
About the Author:
Rohn Strong has wound a life full of yarn. He is a designer, author, writer, and teacher with a strong focus on modern crochet. He has written many independent crochet books and designed over 200 patterns since 2011. He has been published in nearly every crochet magazine in the United States as well as magazines in the United Kingdom and Germany.
|Number Of Pages||144|
|File/Trim Size||8.25 x 10.875|
- Required Reading for Well-fitted Socks
However, my first scan-through unearthed a few annoyances.
Page 9, Ankle Circumference, second paragraph. ". . . if either of the measurements [foot or ankle] is more than 1/2" (1.3cm) wide . . ." Did you mean, if either is more than 1/2" WIDER than the other?
Page 27, col 2 para 2, "extremely unique . . . chances of another . . . quite rare." I think correct usage would be, "nearly unique."
Page 73, "not sacrificing any stretch at all." but then, page 75, "to make up for the lack of stretch." Huh?
Page 136, Figure 1, shows a loop being drawn up in an impossible place. (Posted on 1/12/2018)
- Heel and Gusset Techniques
There is a good variety of ankle socks, which is why I bought the book in the first place. But the techniques make me very glad I bought the book. (Posted on 8/11/2017)
- Fantastic crochet socks book!
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.