You will love this book if:
- You want to learn creative ways for making stencils from scratch or found objects
- You want to learn about exciting techniques and special effects for fashion, art, and home decor
Stencils provide endless creative possibilities and with Stencil Craft you will learn how to use stencils to create unique pillow cases, tote bags, business cards, portraits, and more. Author Margaret Peot shows you how to use stencils in inventive ways, how to make your own, and ways to create stencils with found objects. Whether your style is sophisticated or funky, you’re a beginner or seasoned artist, you’ll find inspiration and excitement in the techniques within this book.
In Stencil Craft you will find:
- Create your own stencils from scratch
- 14 stunning step-by-step demonstrations--from faux stone floor mats to Day of the Dead messenger bag, to stenciled scarfs
- Exciting new project techniques and special effects
- Expert tips--from which fabric paints to use for best results, to how to achieve crisp impressions with even the most delicate stencils
A Word from the Author
“While experimenting with the projects in this book, you will make some beautiful things and some ugly things, You will grow both inspired and frustrated. You will ruin something and throw it away, or a fabulous Phoenix will rise from the ashes, and you will surprise yourself by painting something more fabulous than you ever expected. Just be loose and be flexible so you can respond fluidly to what is in front of you.” -Margaret Peot
About the Author
Margaret Peot has been painting and dyeing costumes at Parsons-Meares, LTD for more than twenty years for Broadway theater (Aladdin, Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, The Lion King, Wicked, Shrek The Musical, Spamalot and hundred of other projects), dance (San Francisco Ballet’s The Nutcracker, Pilobolus), television, film (Bram Stoker’s Dracula) and circus (Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey and The Big Apple Circus). She is a member of United Scenic Artists, and has guest-taught costume painting at Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, University of North Carolina, Brigham Young University, and the USITT-SE conference.
Margaret is also a writer. She is the author of The Successful Artist’s Career Guide: Finding Your Way in the Business of Art, published by North Light Books,containing interviews with other artists, personalanecdotes, worksheets and practical advice for makinga living as a visual artist.
Chapter One: Stencil Basics
Chapter Two: Stencils for Fashion
Chapter Three: Stencils for Home
Chapter Four: Stencils for Paper
Chapter Five: Stencils for Art
|Number Of Pages||128|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.