Start Spinning DVD
- Good Basic Video
- I was very excited to get this, because I really liked Maggie Casey''s book by the same title. It was a good video and I found it very informative. I wish there would have been a few more close-ups while they were spinning and comparing twist in the yarns. Also, the video quality on the second disc was very poor, but that might just be my dics. (Posted on 2/10/2010)
- The title is START Spinning
- The title of this video leads one to believe that it is a beginners video. Well Maggie Casey does an awesome job of talking you through the beginning stages of spinning. That''s right I said talking. Why? Well because the FOUR cameras that are used to film the video (the whole point is the video, isn''t it) are hardly ever where they need to be. Ms Casey will be telling you something that you really NEED to see her hands/fingers doing and what camera are you watching? The panned view of Maggie and Eunny from across the room. You get MORE than enough viewing time watching the back side of what a Schacht Matchless castle wheel looks like. It really is sad because the videos verbal content is excellent for a new person who is STARTing to spin. I''d say either pay an editor and spend less time advertising Schacht''s products. (Posted on 1/29/2010)
- Very Helpful DVD!
- I am so glad to have purchased this DVD. It was everything I needed to help me with my spinning. I very much agree with the other positive review and my situation is similar (1 year spinning). I didn''t really comprehend how to spin worsted or woolen until this DVD - you see it in action using both short and long draw. Now it makes total sense and I know what to do. I agree with the review that if you''ve never spun before the camera may not be on the fingers enough to satisfy your wanting to see it in action but if you''ve learned basic spinning and need help with problem areas, weak or underspun areas in the yarn, wanting to control your results better, a better understanding between carded and combed, how to care for your wheel, plying, etc. ,etc., this video answers those questions and you see it all in action. It''s a great purchase. I''ve watched it more than once and learned more each time. It''s an excellent purchase and well worth it''s money. (Posted on 11/4/2009)
- Excellent Beginner Video
- This is an excellent beginner video! I''ve been spinning for a year and this fixed a lot of the little things I was doing wrong and consequently having trouble with. There is so much info about the little things, let alone the big how-to''s, that it felt a bit overwhelming. I watched it 3 times before I felt I was remembering it well. The only caveat is the camera angles. I wouldn''t recommend this to someone who hasn''t learned the absolute basics of spinning. The camera''s don''t clearly show what the hands and fingers are doing often enough for someone who''s never spun before to learn it well. However, if one has learned the bare basics about spinning this video will rocket them forward. There is info about short-draw and long-draw. Info about different types of sheep and fiber and demonstrations for hand-carding. One bit I found particularly interesting was when Maggie Casey was demonstrating how different methods of spinning fiber affect it''s outcome. One fiber, sampled and spun two different ways, actually seemed to change color from the method of spinning. The whole video is packed with lots of small details like this that make all the difference to the finished product. Overall, an excellent beginner video! (Posted on 10/15/2009)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.