Starry Sky Placemats Kit
Kit Includes: 3 cones of unmercerized cotton, the Starry Sky Placemats WIF file, a draft download and the September/October 2016 issue of Handwoven filled with enough weaving projects to keep you busy for a whole season.
Price as configured: $49.99
- 16/2 Unmercerized Cotton
- 1/2 lb cone - #1-5209 Crème
- 1/2 lb cone - #1-963 Royal
- 1/2 lb cone - #1-4274 Bleu Cobalt
- Handwoven Sept/Oct 2016, print edition
- Starry Sky Placemats WIF File
- This helpful file can be read by most weaving software, which will allow the weaver to play with color, treadling, and more!
- Starry Sky Draft Download PDF
- This project uses a profile draft, which shortens what would normally be a very long draft by having the weaver weave “blocks.” You can use this kit to learn how to use a profile draft, or simply use this PDF of the full draft!
- FAQ PDF
- This PDF will expand upon the included WIF file and answer questions on what it is, what it does, and how to use it!
- The included 16/2 Cotton is strong and easy to weave with. Because the cotton is so durable these placemats will wash well so you can use them without worry.
- Handwoven September/October 2016 includes the Starry Sky Placemats pattern in addition to nine other projects you’ll enjoy once you’re finished. This issue even includes the popular Hail to the Hostess Bottle Bags pattern!
- We have included 3 additional downloads (an FAQ document, a WIF file, and a PDF of the full draft for this project) to create a stress-free, enjoyable weaving experience for weavers of every skill level.
- This kit includes enough yarn for 7 placemats. Wind a warp of 6 yards to get started!
These 4-shaft placemats are woven in a versatile 16/2 cotton in summer and winter weave. You can use the project to teach yourself how to use a profile draft, or you can use the included full draft PDF or WIF file of the draft available exclusively in this kit. The WIF file also lets you plug the draft into your weaving software and play with the treadling, threading, color, and more. Plus, this kit makes 7 placemats so you can keep some at home and send the rest to family and friends around the world!
Order the Starry Sky Placemats Kit today and share a meal among the stars!
- 4-shaft loom
- I returned the kit. Although this says 7 placemats, the directions in the kit say 4. I was less than impressed.
The included pattern was originally for 2 placemats. However, we were able to offer enough yarn with this kit for the creation of 7 placemats. In order to create 7, you simply need to wind a warp of 6 yards to get started. We've updated the draft PDF included in the kit, and appreciate your feedback. (Posted on 7/3/2017)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.