Get More Spun: Spinning for Sale Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Turn your hobby into a small business! Selling your yarn is a great way to make your hobby self-supporting or possibly even turn a profit! Maybe you've thought about it, or maybe other people have suggested it to you or asked to buy your handspun yarn. So where should you get started? This video tutorial will show you what equipment do you need (or want), equations to help you figure out how to price your handspun yarn, how you should package it, and more!
In this video you'll learn how to:
- Determine your cost to produce, wholesale price, and retail price for your handspun yarn
- Evaluate your yarn product against the competition, and think through your best marketplace options
- Determine what equipment you need, what equipment you want, and what difference it might make.
Join expert Abby Franquemont as she walks you through the production process, shares tips on pricing, packaging, and will help you find your way through many options available for turning your hobby into a small business.
You will love this video if you:
- Want to spin specifically for sale
- Are thinking about turning your spinning hobby into a business
- Want to be able to figure out what your work is worth from a cash perspective
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Abby Franquemont, author of the bestselling spinning book Respect The Spindle, has been steeped in the fiber arts since birth. Her videos Respect the Spindle and Drafting: The Long and Short Of It are available from Interweave. She teaches spinning around the world and lives with her family in Ohio.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||503 MB|
|File Type||MP4, PDF|
- Good with a few black marks
- A very interesting, logically built class with lots of good insight. Biggest minus is the very bad sound, it seems the recording of the class was done with a mobile phone from the other side of the room. Takes a lot of concentration and high volume of speakers to understand everything. (Posted on 3/25/2016)
- Great video but missed one BIG point
- We have watched this video several times & have enjoyed Abby's input and the conciseness of her understanding of the topic....she is one of our favorites in the plethora of books and DVDs that we have bought. I would like to point out however that the topic of taxes was never addressed or mentioned, either on the video or on the PDF sheet and this is something that I think really needs to be addressed, especially if one is wanting to do this as a business. Other than this point, I would greatly recommend this to anyone that wants to at least have an understanding of what goes into a skein of yarn from a financial aspect. (Posted on 10/31/2015)
- A Great Check List for Yarn Sellers
Though I have been selling my hand spun yarns for a while now, I wanted to hear what Abby Franquemont had to say about the process of selling hand spun. She takes us step by step through all the considerations in pricing and selling our product.
I would HIGHLY recommend this to newcomers to selling hand spun who by enlarge tend to underprice their products. This video explains the considerations of what went into your product and how to calculate that into your pricing.
To be honest I would not pass up a video or book by this woman. I find her to be one of the most knowledgable and interesting people in the fiber arts business today. She always has insights that i can apply to what I do as she did in this video. Worth watching!!!
(Posted on 10/15/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.