12 Ways to Spin Handpainted Top Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
How many ways can you spin handdyed roving?
In 12 Ways to Spin Handpainted Top with Jillian Moreno, you’ll learn a dozen ways to play with color and gain more control over your yarn. Looking for a randomly colored skein that lets all the hues play together? Jillian shows you four ways to blend colors within a single braid of fiber. Like the colors just as they are? Find four ways to keep the colors in your yarn just as you bought them. Want to bring more than one colorway together in yarns that using? Learn to choose colorways that will look great together and combine them for yarns greater than the sum of their parts.
In this video you will learn:
- How to preserve the colors you fell in love with
- Ways to combine two or more different braids of fiber
- Techniques for controlling the flow of color in your yarn
- How to spin gradients, fractals, and self-striping yarns
Make the most of your stash of handpainted top—and choose new braids with confidence!
Watch a preview now:
About the Host:
Jillian Moreno is a spinning teacher and author whose work regularly appears in Spin-Off. She is the editor of the online magazine Knittyspin, and she is at work on her first book. Her previous video 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts is available from Interweave.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||630 MB|
- Clear demonstration of a variety of useful techniques
- Quite disappointing
- I thought I would learn something new, but the teacher tries to sell things as "special tricks" that I consider absolutely basic - like breaking off the single with the surplus colour when plying and reattaching it with the proper colour. Or, shock, eyeballing other tops to see if there are matching colours to spin tops together. Yes, there are 12 ways shown to spin a specific dyed top. But only very new or very insecure spinners will really learn anything from this class. The teacher also tends to tell what she just did - she literally recaps what she showed on camera two minutes ago. It's a way to extend the length of the video without offering more content. (Posted on 10/29/2016)
- Great Information, poor sound quality
- I really liked the information on this video but found that there was a lot of irritating background noise. At a few points in the video there was a background noise that sounded like very loud traffic. It nearly covered up the speaking in the video. (Posted on 9/23/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.