12 Ways to Spin Handpainted Top DVD
How many ways can you spin handdyed roving?
In 12 Ways to Spin Handpainted Top with Jillian Moreno, you’ll learn a dozen ways to play with color and gain more control over your yarn. Looking for a randomly colored skein that lets all the hues play together? Jillian shows you four ways to blend colors within a single braid of fiber. Like the colors just as they are? Find four ways to keep the colors in your yarn just as you bought them. Want to bring more than one colorway together in yarns that using? Learn to choose colorways that will look great together and combine them for yarns greater than the sum of their parts.
In this video you will learn:
- How to preserve the colors you fell in love with
- Ways to combine two or more different braids of fiber
- Techniques for controlling the flow of color in your yarn
- How to spin gradients, fractals, and self-striping yarns
Make the most of your stash of handpainted top—and choose new braids with confidence!
Watch a preview now:
About the Host:
Jillian Moreno is a spinning teacher and author whose work regularly appears in Spin-Off. She is the editor of the online magazine Knittyspin, and she is at work on her first book. Her previous video 12 (Plus!) Ways to Spin Batts is available from Interweave.
- Well presented and clear.
- I bought this video because I am considering buying a drum carder, and I am very glad that I did. I found the presenter knows her subject very well; she was well organized, very clear in her presentation, and easy to listen to. I will be referring to this DVD often when preparing my own batts. I would be happy to purchase DVDs from this presenter again. (Posted on 10/11/2016)
- Useful information
- As others have said, a good, succinct presentation of different ways to spin multipcolored braids. You could probably think of most of them yourself--but the details and the final yarns and (for most) knit samples are interesting--and discussion how to combine multiple different braids was enlightening. At 44 minutes, this is short. I'm happy I bought it and even happier that I bought it on sale. (Posted on 8/5/2016)
- This is a very succinct presentation, and all the better for that. The fractal approach was particularly interesting to me. I do wish that the sample fabrics had been larger to get a better idea of how the different approaches striped, and also that other textile techniques had been sampled. (Posted on 1/27/2016)
- Good video
This is a good video showing ways to prepare and spin hanpainted tops with knitted swatches to show the different effects.
(Posted on 12/26/2015)
- Educational and concise!
- I enjoyed this video and got a lot out of it. We all are tempted by lovely handpainted top braids and probably have them in our stash. Jillian takes us step by step through an analysis of color compatibility and different treatments of each combination to achieve a final product which makes the most of their qualities. She chooses, prepares, spins, plies and knits and always shows you the top, the yarn and the final swatch so you can decide the approach you want to take. I watched it through twice to really absorb what she is saying as some of the differences are subtle. Now I am not hesitant to take a stab at those braids I have collected! (Posted on 12/20/2015)
- very informative
- everything explained very clearly dvd answered many questions . would recommend buying. (Posted on 12/7/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.