Spin-Off Presents: Spin Your Socks eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
The editors of Spin-Off magazine have compiled a 45-page electronic book featuring 8 sock patterns from back issues of Spin-Off for your spinning and knitting pleasure. Knitting diva, Ann Budd, works with two spinners to create a basic (but not too simple) sock pattern that can be adapted for any size foot. Janel Laidman, author of the Eclectic Sole (and other books) shares her genius for spinning fractal stripes in socks. Kristi Schueler's three sock patterns will challenge intermediate spinners and knitters -and your feet will thank you for the effort. If you go through handknitted socks like they grow on trees, then you might want to consider getting a circular sock-knitting machine. Susan Forsyth has figured out how to spin sock yarn that works in her sock-knitting machine. Perhaps you're dabbling in dyeing and want to make self-striping socks? Paula Egbert maps it out with a simple technique for dyeing your handspun yarn. If you're intimidated by turning the heel, consider making Anklettos -frilly ankle coverings that use a very small amount of yarn.
From everyday socks to a Christmas Stocking, you'll find what you need to spin the right kind of yarn for knitting socks. But beware, spinning and knitting socks can form an obsession from which it is hard to recover.
|Technique||Drop Spindle, Dyeing|
- knit: high - spin: low
If you want to learn about how to spin a good durable sockyarn, get information about what fleece or fiber to chose - chose another source. It barely touches the spinning process itself and finishing the yarn, but provides more information about fiber prep and swatching.
A good part is the calculation of a sock, if you use a handspun yarn, something way off commercial spun yarn, to determine circumferences of your feet, get your gauge and finally knit a fitted sock. Patterns are nice - not too easy, not too difficult.
This book provides you with good ideas on how to work with handspun yarn - not how to spin a good sock yarn. (Posted on 12/11/2013)
- great value
- this ebook is great value even if you don''t spin because if you were to just buy the queen of diamonds pattern from ravelry it would cost $5.50 for just $4.49 more you get 7 other patterns. It also has good instructions and beautiful photos. (Posted on 10/7/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.