Spinning Wool Premium Collection
Want to learn how to spin wool? Or do you want to go even deeper with your wool spinning? This kit is the perfect collection for you. It brings together two DVDs, an eBook and a book to get you from raw wool to finished knitted pieces.
Get these four resources for only $59.99! That's a savings of over 40%.
This kit includes:
How to Card Wool: Four Spinners, Four Techniques
Featuring Carol Rhoades, Maggie Casey, Norman Kennedy, and Rita Buchanan
Carding wool is the first step towards easy spinning and consistent yarns; however there is no one way to card wool. These four master spinners each give their own techniques for carding, ranging from deeply traditional to somewhat eccentric. They all work.
The DVD includes discussion on:
In Sheep's Clothing: A Handspinner's Guide to Wool
By Jane Fournier and Nola Fournier
This eBook is a comprehensive review of the characteristics of wool from over a hundred breeds of sheep. This is a indispensable resource for anyone wanting to spin wool.
Actual fleece locks are shown in full-size photographs, and knitting, crochet, weaving, and other techniques illustrate the importance of matching wool type to end use. Everything from baby-soft Merino to silky Lincoln and sturdy Karakul - the full range of nature's miracle fiber - is represented here, with special attention given to fleece characteristics and to methods of preparation and spinning. You'll find expert advice on: selecting top-quality fleeces; cleaning wool efficiently and thoroughly; teasing, flicking, combing, carding, and other preparation methods; and spinning and plying a variety of yarn styles.
Three Bags Full: How to Select, Prepare, and Spin a Great Fleece
Featuring Judith MacKenzie
Master spinner Judith MacKenzie offers in-depth instruction on selecting, preparing, and spinning a great fleece in this four-hour comprehensive video! This is an ultimate guide for any spinner wanting to gain more knowledge about spinning wool.
With this video you will:
All New Homespun, Handknit: 25 Small Projects to Knit with Handspun Yarn
By Amy Clarke Moore
All New Homespun Handknit features beautiful quick-to-knit projects that use just a few hundred yards of handspun yarn. These knitting patterns show off the unique colors and textures only found in yarn created by hand. Knitting with handspun wool has never been easier with this book!
Transform small amounts of handspun into fantastic wearables with All New Homespun Handknit. Choose from colorful caps and bags, cozy self-striping socks, comfortable and beautiful mittens, airy ponchos, warm scarves and shawls, and adorable sweaters and hats for babies and kids.
Hurry! We have a limited supply of this kit so order yours today while supplies last.
- Good Value
- Even though I've been working with wool and raising sheep for many years, I found things of interest here. Interesting to me were the details about how wool grows, and I have even been using the In Sheep's clothing e-book as a handy reference for a concise overview of differing breeds. I have the 1st edition of Homespun, Handknit and had been told this edition was more contemporary. Though I gravitate toward classical, I found it to hold several enticing projects. Haven't watched the carding video yet, but Good value for the information and products included. Even though I wouldn't have chosen these individually, and thought several of them would be superflous to me, I have enjoyed it all and especially at the price it is offered, I would recommend it as a good introduction with a few interesting details for those who have been at it awhile. (Posted on 7/28/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.