Spinning Singles with Jillian Moreno Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Jillian covers tips for spinning non-biasing, consistent singles yarns that are perfect for knitting. Plus, learn how singles yarns can be matched with knitting projects for best effect. You’ll learn how to change the size of your singles without compromising the strength and integrity of your yarn so projects turn out great every time.
Finally, explore how to build and manipulate color in singles yarns with stunning results. Try your hand at spinning variegated, gradient, marled, and ombré marled yarns by mixing and matching fibers, colorways, and fiber preparations.
With Jillian’s fun and easy-to-follow instruction, you’ll be well on your way to spinning the best singles yarns possible
Watch a preview of this video now:
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Runtime||Approx. 42 minutes|
- pulled all the parts together
- great video. While I knew all the points she raised, it was the way she presented them in an understandable order and reminded me that each part was important, and how to get each part right that made me want to go spin singles! Just to respond to the negative comment about not seeing a balanced yarn, and for those who may hesitate because of this, from what I do know is that any single is NOT a balanced yarn. This video shows how to deal with yarn so it acts as "balanced" as possible. (Posted on 10/13/2016)
- Great tips for new and experienced spinners, improved my spinning
- I am a fairly experienced spinner and have spun singles for a long time, for tapestries, clothing and scarves. I still really learned some very helpful information from this video. Jillian covered areas that I had not put together before - approaching fiber prep, drafting style, and other elements of basic spinning, from a new perspective. I loved that she showed the sample of the yarn she had just spun, on the wheel and explained how the different ply preps - or how much twist back on itself - the yarn had after just being spun. This was enormously helpful in judging how my draft and consistency are working. There were many, many up close shots in motion of Jillian drafting and spinning, and her spinning is so consistent, that even though I spin very differently - I found my spinning improved after watching the video. I have been a self taught spinner, not able to attend workshops due to children and work. This video was as close to an in person workshop as it is possible to get without being there. Jillian spoke slowly, clearly and in perfect synch with her wheel. I recommend this video for anyone who would like to learn more about spinning singles, and anyone who would like to benefit by watching a very experienced, thoughtful, articulate spinner talk about the craft. Thank you! (Posted on 9/8/2016)
- Filled with facts I didn't know
- I've only been spinning for a year but it didn't take me long to notice that a lot of videos/classes teach valuable techniques but are short on the little tips that make the technique work. Jillian's explanation of the "why's" that went along with the "how's" are what makes this Spinning Singles video one of the best I've bought. Why a particular fiber worked with the how of a particular draft, why a staple length made a difference to the how and how-much of twist to use, even why the direction of spinning can make a difference in choosing how to knit. YouTube may indeed have many great videos that address the spinning of singles but I'm guessing they can't compare with the wealth of information in this one. (Posted on 8/3/2016)
- Not detailed enough
- I was quite disappointed with this video. I was hoping for it to have a more detailed presentation than what I could find on Youtube, but sadly I found this was not true. I was expected to be shown how to spin a balanced single. Not once did Jillian hold up a skein to show the viewer how nice and balanced her singles skein was, without twist. This is an important detail that was missed. She told the viewer about the amount of twist needed but not about how to have a balanced yarn. Very disappointing. If I could I would like my money back. (Posted on 8/2/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.