Spinning Silk: Sensuous Successful Yarns from Luxurious Silk DVD
Learn How to Spin Silk Successfully with Sara Lamb
Sara Lamb loves to spin silk--and she loves to knit and weave the fine slick fiber too. Sara helps her students create stunning silk yarns, in spite of the conventional wisdom that silk is difficult to spin.
From years of experience, she has developed methods of spinning silk yarns painlessly and with spectacular results. From classic Bombyx brick to uncommon African silk laps, a wide variety of silk types and preparations can be transformed into smooth, durable yarns with glistening surfaces using her techniques.
Plus bonus content! Learn to dye silk by handpainting the yarn or finished product.
Sara's guidance brings gorgeous silk yarns within reach for spinners from advanced beginner to expert.
Spinning Silk is available as a 2-disc DVD set, a standard definition video download, or a high definition video download.
The wheel is noisy, the item I want to see is sometimes just out of shot. I thought I was going to find out about spinning silk. Sara tells us about her spinning for her weaving. She only likes spinning prepared fibers - not hankies or caps. She says she is not the best person to give opinions on a couple of things. She repeats herself and made a mistake when dying the knitted sample. For a video I would expect that section to be edited out and re filmed.
Sara's perfect fiber is alpaca silk mix.
I was looking forward to her new book - but probably won't give it a look in after watching this video.
Sorry Sara - I love your weavings and you spin silk wonderfully - this video is just not what I expected. (Posted on 4/23/2014)
- Inspiring but limited
- Sara is spinning silk to produce yarn for her own weaving style. This is not made entirely clear either in the description of the product or on the DVD. This disappointed me and may well others who are looking for more comprehensive information about spinning silk. (Posted on 4/21/2014)
- Good information for weavers and dyers of silk not so much for spinning
- I enjoyed the review of the different types of silk available but was disappointed on instructions to spin fiber. What I got from this is to spin with lots of twist and thinly. Spinning over the fold is not for me which is how the instructor prefers to spin. I'm not a weaver and would have preferred more information on spinning for knitting than was given too. (Posted on 4/17/2014)
- It's all here . . .
- Sara has managed to pack this video with years of experience in silk and then she adds more. I can't think of a thing I would ask her to gain more information. I am very happy that I made this purchase. (Posted on 4/8/2014)
- Poor Quality
Main complaint: Can't hear her talking at times due to LOUD clacking wheel.
Camera angles were very off at times.
Felt like she was too rushed, as it was it was difficult to hear her anyway with the loud wheel so another impediment was disappointing. (Posted on 3/28/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.