Spinning Fundamentals Collection
Price as configured: $49.99 Regular Price: $110.74
Are you ready for Spinzilla in October? If you need some tips, techniques, and inspiration to prep for Spinzilla, this digital collection is for you. And if you aren’t planning on joining the Spinzilla event? These resources are still ones you should have in your digital library. You are going to get the fundamentals and then some. You will learn how to spin a variety of yarns, including learning how to reproduce commercial yarns.
Resources included in this collection are:
- Make That Yarn with Patsy Zawistoski
- Building Blocks of Spinning with Sarah Anderson
- The Spinner's Companion by Bobbie Irwin
- Taking the Measure of Handspun Yarn by Rita Buchanan
- Spinner's Questions by Rita Buchanan
- A Closer Look by Rita Buchanan
Building Blocks of Spinning
with Sarah Anderson
Spinning is a craft that can be learned in hours, yet has infinite possibilities to be explored over a lifetime. In this video, Sarah Anderson teaches the building blocks you need for a lifetime of successful spinning—twist, draft, and control—and takes us on a tour of the yarn universe to see what you can create.
Make that Yarn
with Patsy Zawistoski
Join master spinner, Patsy Zawistoski, as she teaches you an easy, ingenious method for analyzing commercial yarns and reproducing them with handspinning. Handspinners today have a world of great knitting and crochet patterns and gorgeous fibers available to us, but bringing the two together can be a challenge. With Patsy’s simple yet scientific approach, you can make that yarn, the perfect one for the project you want to create.
The Spinner's Companion
by Bobbie Irwin
This is a quick reference guide that both beginning and experienced spinners will use to look up common spinning terms, find out how to maintain their wheels, and learn how to process fiber and spin yarn. The fourth book in the bestselling Companion series, this handy spiral-bound offering is an authoritative tool that spinners will want to keep beside their wheel or with their handspindle at all times.
Taking the Measure of Handspun Yarn
with Rita Buchanan
The primary joy of spinning for many of us is in the act itself. But there is also great pleasure and satisfaction in taking the yarns we create to their conclusion in well-designed, well-made fabrics. In this important collection of articles from out-of-print issues of Spin-Off, Rita Buchanan provides the methods, tools, and rationale we need to understand our yarns in the way any fine craftsman seeks to understand his or her materials. They bring together the hand and mind in ways that can only help us be better spinners.
with Rita Buchanan
Master spinner Rita Buchanan approaches the craft with analysis, pragmatism, and extensive experience. In this collection of Q & A from back issues of Spin-Off magazines, you’ll find a wealth of practical advice and food for thought. Whatever your approach to spinning, you’ll learn a thing or two.
A Closer Look
with Rita Buchanan
From one of our all-time great master spinning teachers: a collection of in-depth articles from out-of-print issues of Spin-Off magazine. A Closer Look with Rita Buchanan covers aspects of drafting, plying, finishing, yarn management, and knitting to gauge with a unique and well-considered point of view. An important addition to the contemporary spinning canon.
Don't wait, claim your collection today!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.