Spinning for Lace DVD
Do you long to spin cobweb-fine threads that are both lively and durable? Meet Margaret Stove
Create exquisite yarns in no time!
Learn how to:
- Handle a fine fleece without felting it
- Wash by the lock with shocking vigor and efficiency
- Adjust your wheel tension for exquisite delicacy
- Ply a balanced yarn, or tweak your hand positions for plying different fibers together
- thank you!
- Margaret, thank you for taking the time to make this video. I'm not a beginner spinner, I come from a different fine gossamer lace spinning tradition. I appreciate and love the content of the video, your knowledge and your honesty and your skill in working the fiber very much. When it comes to fine spinning for lace and gossamer yarns it's one of the best video materials I came across from Interweave. Well done and great video to leave for many spinner to come and see. (Posted on 1/3/2014)
- Thanks a lot to this wonderful work
- It's amazing work so thank you for this great work. (Posted on 6/22/2012)
- More than spinning for lace
- As a relative novice with an interest in spinning laceweight, I found this DVD to be full of great information that applies to many other aspects of spinning and fiber play; fiber prep, dying, wheel mechanics, fiber control when drafting, a great eye-opener about holding individual singles when plying. I don't often buy instructional DVDs because I'm never sure how much I'll get from them, but this is one that I am happy to have in my library and one I am sure I will refer back to as I continue my spinning journey. (Posted on 4/21/2012)
- Spinning for Lace (DVD)
- Very informative DVD.Her tips for washing the fiber to get it just perfect for spinning were very clear. Margaret Stove is lovely to listen to and her skill in spinning lace is phenomenal! She certainly has inspired me to try my hand at spinning lace and knitting her lovely shawls as well. (Posted on 10/9/2011)
- Spinning for Lace
- This is a great video. It is very helpful, even if you're not making lace. I love it! (Posted on 10/5/2011)
- Heavy detailed and wonderful light results
- I have been spinning for a little more then a year and taught myself in a rough and ready fashion off of youtube. This video is well order starting from selection, to washing with only a few brief comments of alternate prep then to the meat and potatoes of the matter spinning lace and finer yarns. She only deals with ultra fine merino but this is also clearly where she has made her career on the wheel. (Posted on 7/27/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.