Spindles Around the Whorl Collection
Price as configured: $29.99 Regular Price: $46.97
Spindles around the Whorl Collection
Included in this kit:
- Three video downloads
- Supported Spindle Spinning with Amelia Garripoli
- Spinning on a Turkish Spindle with Amelia Garripoli
- Hand Spindles: A History with Judith MacKenzie
Highlights of this kit:
- In Supported Spindle Spinning, Amelia Garripoli covers the basics of supported spindle spinning and shares her tips and tricks to make these unusual spindles accessible. Discover the variety of supported spindles used around the world and learn what fibers work best with which supported spindle.
- Amelia Garripoli gives in-depth instruction on how to get the most from a Turkish spindle in Spinning on a Turkish Spindle: how to get started, spin successfully, and wind on. You'll learn about the different parts of a Turkish drop spindle and how the balanced arms (in place of the usual spindle whorl) provide a framework for a beautiful ball of yarn.
- Master spinner Judith MacKenzie opens her chamber of wonders to show her prized collection of antique spindle whorls in Hand Spindles: A History. Understand the physics of spindles and learn about spinning history and spinning traditions from around the world.
Learn how to use these essential spinning tools and discover the rich history behind one of the world's great inventions. Whether you're a beginning spinner or more advanced, we know you'll find this collection to be incredibly useful!
This must-have collection features three video downloads with your guides Amelia Garripoli and Judith MacKenzie. Start with Supported Spindle Spinning, in which Amelia covers the basics and shows how to make these unusual spindles accessible. Viewers will explore the variety of supported spindles used around the world; learn what fibers are best suited for each support spindle, and how to match your spindle with the best bowl. Then move on to Amelia's video Turkish Spindle Spinning. She demonstrates step-by-step how to get started and spin successfully. Master the basics of creating a half-hitch, drafting, and winding on to the Turkish spindle to create beautiful (and practical) yarn bundles. In the third download, master spinner Judith MacKenzie displays her prized collection of antique spindle whorls. Explore the physics of spindles and unearth spinning's rich history and traditions from around the world.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.