Spinalong Fiber Club Kit #1
- Fun Challenge, although a little expensive
After reading the previous reviewers comments, I do agree that the price for 4 ounces of fiber is high. I did get the kit with one of the 20% off coupons going at the time, which offset the shipping cost.
As for the fiber, what fun to play with the colors. I spun up a thick&thin single, plied it with another single, using a blend of the colors. Enough for a hat. Will be interesting to see what the next selection will be.
The Interweave coupon will be very useful. Need to check into the others. Happy Spinning! (Posted on 12/20/2013)
- cost too much for what you get
I don't think the "coupons" were something I would have ever "paid " for and if you don't add them in as part of what you are paying for then - 34.98 + shipping is way too much for 4 oz of dyed Marino top. Also- just a few days after I ordered my kit - you put them on sell for half price! What! not cool. Also I did not realize that I was signing up for an automatic re-order! & I don't know when that re-order will happen, it says in a few months. Most re-order clubs tell you up front you will be charged x amount of dollars every x amount of months.
Not pleased at all- Sorry (Posted on 12/14/2013)
- too much $ for what you get
Very disappointed in this first SpinAlong Fiber Club offering!
I took a chance on this one, wanting to buy myself something that would be fun to do with spinning and fiber folk by way of the internet. I do not have a lot of money to spend on such things, but this was to be my Christmas treat to myself.
The value of the fiber was about $10 because it is some of the same roving that I have purchased previously for about $8 for 4oz. It is very nice roving and colors are lovely. However, the color wheel and the 3 useless-to-me coupons and shipping certainly did not make up the rest of the cost of this first offering even if you don't have to watch your dollars as closely as I do! I could buy the color wheel at Hobby Lobby for $2, and in fact, I already had one. The coupons offered very little in terms of a discount even if I wanted to use them. I had hoped that they were coupons for free samples of yarn or roving or a neat little tool that I could get as an introduction to a fiber source that I might not have been familiar with.
Because of this, I am doubtful as to whether or not to purchase the second SpinAlong Fiber Kit when it comes out. If it true as the previous reviewer has stated.... that a membership fee was included in the price...and if you only have to pay that once to belong...(and it certainly should have stated this in the description as it is very misleading...are there membership rules out there, btw?!) and the price of the next installment kits are closer to $20 and/or have more value to them, then I will consider it. I do want to be part of an online fiber group that has show and tell, but I am very, very disappointed in the value of this first offering. A lot of money was made off of my purchase, and I could have used it to buy groceries or gasoline with instead. (Posted on 12/9/2013)
- nice intro kit
- I've been in several fiber clubs, so it's nice to see one with a focus like color theory. Merino top is nice, colors are interesting, bag is nice (who doesn't need another project bag?) Color wheel was a great bonus. The price is a little high for only 4 oz, but I'll wait for kit #2 before deciding to stay or go. (Posted on 12/9/2013)
- Availability and pricing
this membership is insufficiently described in intorduction.
Membership includes membership fee, that is nowhere mentioned. Some of us who are tired of being conned even for $5 a year - if that is minute enough, like to see a membership form with all the details before making a purchace. 34.95 can be a ridiculous price, or can be a dream deal, which without the neccessary info one can not evaluate. I assume this product has never been available for 17.48, it is a teaser put on after sold out.
I am writing this feedback, because my request for additional information was ignored, and my questions left unanswered. Hence, I am now left without the opportunity to enroll in this club. I wish all participants a great exerience, sorry to see the obious marketing manipulations ruining it for me.
Aloha (Posted on 11/25/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.