Spin-Off 1993-1994 Collection on CD
Experience all 8 hard-to-find issues of Spin-Off from 1993 and 1994 exactly as they were printed!
With this collection you will get two years worth of spinning tips, tricks and techniques, as well as great articles on spinning wheels, spinning wool from Cormo to Rambouillet, carding fiber, and so much more.
Plus, there are over 35 projects to use up your handspun as well as sever handspun galleries to give you the best inspiration.
Spin-Off Spring 1993 – Create a unique and sturdy handspun rug with this issue. Plus, get a look at spinning on a great wheel and get an overview of Cormo fiber. Projects include a handspun afghan, a brown cotton blouse, an open-neck vest, and a handsome sweater for your feline friend.
Spin-Off Summer 1993 – With this issue you will discover the joys of musk ox fiber, learn about solar dyeing, and get tips for hand carding. Projects include some handspun, hand-twined baskets that are perfect for small amounts of yarn, a lace poncho, and a v-shaped shawl.
Spin-Off Fall 1993 – Find fiber basics on Clun Forest, get a look at combing for worsted yarns, and create the Beginner’s Sweater in this issue. Also learn how to make your handspinning pay for itself, discover some angora blends, and more. Projects include a turquoise vest, a Victorian pineapple purse, and some finger puppets.
Spin-Off Winter 1993 – This issue is all about handspun blankets, from tips to projects. Also find tips for spinning right and left handed, get a look at Columbia fiber, and a lesson on measuring twist. Projects include a girl’s bonnet, sweater vests, a baby blanket, a textured afghan, a crocheted afghan, four simple ways to make squares, a lace collar, and some funky jester hats for kids.
Spin-Off Spring 1994 –In this issue you will discover alpaca fiber, learn to deal with physical and creative obstacles in spinning, and find pillows to crochet. Other projects include a sample coat and a woven alpaca scarf.
Spin-Off Summer 1994 – Discover silk in this issue, from a handspun gallery of silk projects to raising silk worms. There are also articles on Montadale fiber, techniques for beautiful tweeds, conditioning hand cards, and carding cotton. Projects include a very easy vest to knit, woven wool/angora scarf, unspun mawata scarves, and a qiviut/silk blouse.
Spin-Off Fall 1994 – This issue focuses on techniques for machine knitting and gives a gallery of machine-knitting pieces. There is also a look at Tunisian crochet as well as a look at Rambouillet fiber. Projects include a handwoven sweater, a sheep hat, a machine-knitted sheep, and a three-rib beret.
Spin-Off Winter 1994 – Discover angora fiber, get the basics of using a drum carder, weave a saddle blanket, find basics for using a drum carder and more with this issue. Projects include a baby sweater, felt slippers, a faux Fair Isle sweater, a Florentine pillow, an angora scarf, an angora/silk shawl, quick booties, and a diamond twill saddle blanket.
As with all our Spin-Off Collections, you get spinning inspiration at your fingertips. You can get this Collection as either a CD or Download. Just look at the advantages:
- Browse each issue quickly with a time-saving electronic index.
- Search keywords such as master spinners, spinning techniques, products or equipment.
- These Collections take up less space than print issues and won’t wear or tear.
- Save money when you get a whole collection of Spin-Off than if you got the print issues individually.
These issues were scanned from original printed issues.
|Product Type||Magazine Collection|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.