Spin-Off 1997 Collection on CD
|Discover All Four Issues of Spin-Off Magazine Exactly As They Were Printed in 1997!|
This issue is overflowing with silk! Rita Buchanan, Nancy Morey, and Celia Quinn all do a quick survey of silk for handspinners. That survey is followed by nine silk projects to knit, crochet, and weave. Learn about Peruvian spinning tools and techniques, then test what you’ve learned with a Peruvian hat to knit. Develop your color skills by dyeing fiber. Check out the results of a fiber exchange. Read about Charlene Anderson Shea’s adventure with her cat’s paw shawl and see the chart Martha Waterman worked out for the pattern.
Read Bobbie Irwin’s “Ode to Woad.” Meet Edna Blackburn, a woman who lives the pioneer way. Experiment with fine lace and learn lace fundamentals for handspinners. Discover the joys of superfine Merino. Check out box charkhas other readers’ made from the Winter 1996 issue. Learn how to dye with Saxon green. Learn how to wash your wool and get it clean enough for a commercial processor. See the results of a few staff spinning projects—Ann Budd’s knitted vest, Karen Gogela’s knitted scarf, and Linda Ligon’s woven jacket.
Learn who the Anasazi were from Deborah Robson, then learn how to spin and ply Anasazi-style. Muse on whether history would be different if we’d known about Anasazi cotton with Glenna Dean. Alden Amos teaches you about waxes, polishes, and your spinning wheel’s finish. Erica Heftmann and Rita Buchanan both address using color with fiber blending. Discover Irish tapestry weavers in the American Southwest. Learn the basics of constructing an Orenburg shawl. Read about a yarn exchange that resulted with a ninety-yarn sweater. Read about and make Sara Lamb’s rebuttal sweater. Enjoy Jean Parks’ felted “mummy babies.”
Master twist in your spinning with Rita Buchanan. Use the power of twist to make a wool/silk seersucker stole. Learn about baby stockings in the early eighteenth century and knit your own version. Check out a profile of spinner and tapestry weaver Sarah Swett. Then hear from Sarah about tapestry weaving and learn how to weave a bag on a box. See a “Japanese friction spinner” adapted by Peter Teal. Discover the beauty of hybrid sheep. Alden Amos considers and explains double-treadle spinning wheels. Crochet an elegant corset cover, a “widget” vest, and discover more projects for your handspun yarn.
As with all our Spin-Off Collections, you get spinning inspiration at your fingertips. You can get this Collection as either a CD or Download. Just look at the advantages:
These issues were scanned from original printed issues.
|Product Type||Magazine Collection|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.